TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out my new transmission cooler it's the largest trans cooler made (with 5/16 & 3/8" cooler lines that will fit a Tbird or any passenger car) and is specifically designed for full-size trucks like Ford's F250/F350/F450/F550.

This cooler comes stock on the '04 to '08 F-150's and provides towing capacity up to 11,000 LBS on equipped F-150 trucks.

On a Thunderbird this cooler is ideal for road racing and is ideal at the strip when running in hot weather to protect the transmission. This cooler tucks up nicely under the bumper in front of the radiator and just in front of the power steering cooler.

8.5" tall x 22" long x 1.25 thick. A perfect fit! :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yeap I seen it i just thought how i mounted it was rather unique

Robert

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I fear gravel roads or road debris mounted like that, I know another person who mounted one the same way. It should get good air right there.
Alan

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
thats kinda how I mounted mine on my 95...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's how the orginal ford one was mounted for years with zero problems, plus these cars were not made for for flying down gravel roads but that's my 2 cents

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,849 Posts
That's how the orginal ford one was mounted for years with zero problems, plus these cars were not made for for flying down gravel roads but that's my 2 cents

Robert
X2 :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It was the only way I could keep my non lockup, fixed pressure trans cool. Great coolers.

·
Super Moderator
11,031 Posts
There's too much debris on the interstate around here for me to mount it there, unless I covered it with stainless mesh.

Nice install, tho. :thumbsup:

Alan, I never did get back to you on those 3/8" lines; Did you decide to make and sell sets of those lines? I bet you could do a GP and sell a few sets... :)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well if that's this case then how is your power steering cooler and a/c condensor still alive I mean anything that will get hit there will just hit the power steering cooler and condensor this the stock location that ford put the unit they sold , i know this cause I had it for about 9 years on the car know it's going on and f150 and that cooler had seen many 135 mph runs with no problems

But that's my 2 cents

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hmmm... where have I seen that before?

:D

Tiffany's 94 is the same way, had to get creative with the bumper foam.
we followed drillers lead and install pics and our install didn't vary much from his.
Her's has been on there for a few years now..lol

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
So the concensus is that no one has problems mounting them in this postion cause yours has been there for years and so had my orginal ford one it look likes it's not a problem

Robert

·
Registered
704 Posts
where can I get a cooler like that??
Didja read the thread?
it plainly states what that cooler came stock on...seems pretty easy to figure out where to get one from the information posted in this thread.

you could

Contact RobertP...or contact your favorite ford parts person.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check out Rob's new transmission cooler it's the largest trans cooler made and is specifically designed for full-size trucks like Ford's F250/F350/F450/F550.

This cooler comes stock on the '04 to '08 F-150's and provides towing capacity up to 11,000 LBS on equipped F-150 trucks.
here ya go

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've been using the stock Tranny cooler from an E-250 for years.. works great, and as dad sold Cargo vans for a living, there was always at least one "parts" van parked out back.. I literally picked it up for free... and I mean picked it up.. it was laying on the floor of the van having already been removed from behind the grill. lol

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
That cooler doesn't come stock on anything.
I just need to put my wifes car on the lift to remove her lines and bend another set her van is broke again so I need to get that fixed now, always seems something is in the way of finishing that car.
Alan

1 - 20 of 42 Posts