TCCoA Forums banner

Trubendz: FKA Mandrel Exhaust Systems

194K views 774 replies 124 participants last post by  Grog6 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
yea thats pretty cheap,looks half decent too
mike

#10 ·
There are some great deals on ebay for exhaust parts. It looks like you can buy it the pieces and fab it yourself if you have the machine tools. Can someone with a dual mandrel bent exhaust and a single mid mounted muff comment on how much pipe you need or some starter parts. I found the prebent mandrel sections and strait 5ft sections, flex pipes all for great prices. But how much do you really need and what an appropriate gauge would be(14 or 16 for example). I can't wait to hear what this huge mid mounted muff is going to sound like. Its going to barely fit mid mounted. Of course the exhaust won't net me jack with my stock engine. There should be a sticky on parts list for fabbing a custom exhaust. With all the different combos out there it would be a huge source of good info for a DIYer.

#11 ·
exhaust

I wish I had pictures! You should have seen the cobble job somebody made of the exhaust on the 94 I just bought. There were 6 separate clamps from the rear "Y" to the end of the tailpipes. Three different sizes of pipes. On top of that, the pipe that runs down the tunnel had a big crack just before the Y, and the Rt muffler was held up with bundle ties. What some people do.....

#12 ·
WOW, is this a new listing? If its not new idk how I miss this stuff lol. That's awesome, think I'm going to buy it. I was going to fab my own but that will def save some time.

#13 ·
For the price, and the ability to install it in my own driveway, I just may buy this. Where was it 2 years ago?

#16 ·
Just need to price up a set of Borlas for the rear.

#18 ·
true to the kooks, but that would require modification to the cats (moving them back)

#20 ·
Oh I think they would...

#22 ·
I'm so glad you posted this, I was just starting to look for mandrel bends to do it myself. My wife may not be too happy with you though :)

By the way, I emailed them last night to see if they will sell the downtubes w/o cats and what the price is. If they are reasonable, I will pick up the full kit without cats for my car.

#27 ·
...By the way, I emailed them last night to see if they will sell the downtubes w/o cats and what the price is. If they are reasonable, I will pick up the full kit without cats for my car.
Definitely let us know what they say. I will be finishing my Kooks install this spring and would love to purchase this whole system to have a local shop hook them up.

#26 ·
The collector location is different for the downtubes, and the gas tank is different in the older cars. You should be able to at least use the midpipes if you go to the newer gas tank.

-Rob

#29 ·
i will look into this when i redo my setup it looks like a steal as i paid 3xx for my exhaust an i provided the muffler and tips...

#30 ·
I bought mine w/o cats back a few years ago from trubendz.com

I bet they will still sell them catless.

I used Magnaflows, but they didn't fit great...had to extend the side pipes coming around the IRS and angle the mufflers down. You need a compact muffler. As these kits are sold you will still need to modify them to tuck the mufflers in the stock location if you can find small enough mufflers. The angled pipes around the IRS aren't long enough to tuck things up nicely. I had a guy custom do the rear end and add the 3" tips seen in the picture.

#31 ·
That's what I was concerned about. I've got the SC GFX, so tucking it in isn't so much of a problem, since it's all hidden, but the muffler has to have room for a 90 degree bend just after it. It's too bad they didn't do a single 45 degree bend after the IRS and just have us run the mufflers at an angle.... Actually I may just do that, have the exhaust guy cut the middle of the bend (just after the IRS) so it becomes a 45 degree bend, then run the muffler at an angle from there...

#35 ·
Bummer. I am thinking that I will still buy the setup and then put the cats up for sale.

#33 ·
So what modifications would be needed for the kooks to work with this?

-Joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.