TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an opportunity to get an intake manifold off a 1999 Expedition, 4.6L. I wonder if anybody did intake swap similar to this one? (any manifold from any truck will be similar I guess) What are the horsepower and torque differences?

Also, will the manifold bolt on to the engine? (they call them f-series manifolds) I don't care about the hood clearance, I'm thinking of using cowl type scoop anyways. Thanx.

·
8,239 Posts
just get a pi mustang manifold and put it on. The truck manifold is not going to fit without a new hood. The one on my truck is huge.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
JustinH said:
just get a pi mustang manifold and put it on. The truck manifold is not going to fit without a new hood. The one on my truck is huge.
I second that... I have one off a '99 F150, and the thing is at least 10-12" high...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's about 8 inches high, and there is about 6 inches from where it mounts to the heads to the hood, so a regular cowl will do. :tongue: I'm doing this one because it's so freaking cheap. And of course I'm going to port and polish it, port match it, and fill up the plenum. One thing thought, do I port match the intake to my heads or any similar NPI heads will do?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Any similar heads should be fine. Post up a few pics of your results and if possivle a before and after dyno sheet. Im curious to see what happens.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts