TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to love truck tires.

I was really disliking them because they squeal around turns, don't have alot of traction for the driving i do 80% of the time. But really eat through mud and dirt. :rolleyes:

Well, about 2 weeks ago, i notice this "tick tick tick" noise as i drove. If i sped up, it would go faster. I thought maybe u-joints. :(

Today as i drive home, my roommate says, not u-joints and check the tires. Front passengers tire as a bloody screw in it. Wow. :eek:

Went 2 weeks with this screw in my tire. put on like 1500km (930 miles) on it, and hasn't lost enough air for me to notice or check. :D

Did i get really luck, or are the heavier truck tires just truly ownage

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have had that same situation with regular car tires. The first time it happened, I pulled the screw out and put a plug in its place. I never could get it to seal. So now, whenever I find a screw in my tire I leave it until it starts leaking.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
nature of the beast, truck tires have heavier plys in the overall constructions. yes it is less likely a truck tire will leak with a screw nail or other, as long as it doesnt dislodge

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, lets see how many more km/miles i can put on before i need to purchase a new tire

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure if they'll fix this one. The other car i had got a flat tire, and they wouldn't patch it if the tread is wore down to much. And this one used to be on the back, so its pretty. wore down already.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I got mine patched for free, but it was the same place I always buy tires.

Truck has 235/85-16 tires. Load rating E means it's a 10-ply tire. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts