TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got my exhaust done a couple days ago. they are 2.25 all the was let me know what you think

Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

Photobucket" media="(max-width: 640px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 960px)"> Photobucket" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
kinda hard to see whats going on.

Can you get some more pics from a bit father back?
possibly a sound clip?

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
:zwthstpd:

What's with the tail pipes. It looks like they made 10 compression bends in them.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Looks ok to me..... Personally, I like mandrel bent pipes, but whatever. How does it sound? Do you notice a seat-of-the-pants difference in power? Are you just running the two front cats and 2.25 pipes all the way back (that's what it looks like) or do you have a DIDO muffler? Post a youtube video so we can hear it!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
they look like flex-pipe

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Where to begin.... They are uneven, one hangs lower than the other,the front isn't tucked at all either just like the back, they used flex pipe toward the end?!?!, WTF kind of hanger hack job is that going on? Did you pay an exhaust shop to do this or is this an attemp done in the backyard using autozone pipe? I would hate it a lot but it's your car and if you like it like that than keep rockin it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I hope you didn't pay a lot for it, but if it sounds nice and you like it that's all that matters. If you did the work yourself give yourself a pat on the back for trying and completing a project. Running clean exhaust pipes is an art, and is something one masters after a lot of practice. That's not flex pipe near the tail pipes, its the 'wrinkle-bent' pipe you can buy at auto parts stores.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Where to begin.... They are uneven, one hangs lower than the other,the front isn't tucked at all either just like the back, they used flex pipe toward the end?!?!, WTF kind of hanger hack job is that going on? Did you pay an exhaust shop to do this or is this an attemp done in the backyard using autozone pipe? I would hate it a lot but it's your car and if you like it like that than keep rockin it.
X2 :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i paid this guy my grandpa knows 225 to do it. but he messed up on the 45's which i had to fix lol as you can see. But im workin on the video it should be on in the next couple days. alot of people say my car sounds like a strait pipe 6.0 silverado.

oh and this was my old supercoupe that i sould of never sold

apiuwddgfpoSHPD" media="(max-width: 640px)"> apiuwddgfpoSHPD" media="(max-width: 960px)"> apiuwddgfpoSHPD" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
speaking of...does the 95 have mufflers yet?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Sorry man, I just don't like the tip setup at all! I'm talking about how they dump down off the corners of the rear. And yeah, the flex stuff isn't cutting it either. IMO, it would have looked a lot better to just run the pipes straight out back.

To be honest, if I ever rolled up behind your car, I would have one of those WTF thoughts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i was tryin a new look i ran duals out of the back last time and tell you the truth i dont like the tips either they are winter tips im not gonna buy nice ones so they can get wrecked by the salt. ill have to show u a pic of my buddies 45's which i wanted it to look like but it didnt happen lol

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Sorry man, I just don't like the tip setup at all! I'm talking about how they dump down off the corners of the rear. And yeah, the flex stuff isn't cutting it either. IMO, it would have looked a lot better to just run the pipes straight out back.

To be honest, if I ever rolled up behind your car, I would have one of those WTF thoughts.
The exhaust was routed sorta like that on my old 95, but didn't have the flex tube or donkey d!ck tips and just generally looked cleaner...I liked it...it can be done to look good...if done right.

You can sorta see in this shot

My 96 is routed like that too except it's 3 inch single and reminds me of diesel exhaust...gonna do mandrel 2.5 with an X pipe and racebullitts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The exhaust was routed sorta like that on my old 95, but didn't have the flex tube or donkey d!ck tips and just generally looked cleaner...I liked it...it can be done to look good...if done right.

My 96 is routed like that too except it's 3 inch single and reminds me of diesel exhaust...gonna do mandrel 2.5 with an X pipe and racebullitts
It is a whole lot cleaner!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts