TCCoA Forums banner

true dual vs larger single

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the previous owner of my thunderbird think he was cool by cutting out the mufflers and put 3' monster truck tips on it instead. I didn't like that the tips stuck almost a foot out the back of the car so I cut them shorter. I would like to completely get rid of this exhaust all together with something aftermarket.

I know I can do a true dual exhaust or just use a larger single like what's on the car now. what would be the benefits of one vs the other and also are there any companies that make these cat back system or is it going to have to be custom made?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Check out truebends.com i think is the site. i got mine from them, mine's true dual2.5'' i love it..

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
My 95 had (still does I'm sure) a 2.25 true dual setup with an X pipe and no mufflers and turntowns...I loved it, sounded great, except it needed mufflers...and it was crush bent and I should have made the exhaust guy do 2.50 instead of talking me down to 2.25

My 96 has a 3 inch single with a Y pie & two Dynomax RaceBullits inline with one another. It actually sounds very, very good, but I like true duals much more. Plus I think a true dual would flow a whole lot better.

When I have the money, I am hoping to get one of the truebends exhaust setups everyone seems to like so much...I am going to go with a 2.50 mandrel bent X pipe setup with the same mufflers I have now (I am thinking of actually just using the ones that are on the car) I will have to use reducers reversed to make them work, since they are 3 inch...

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant find anything about the truebends.com when I search for it. as for the
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com that is a lot cheaper then I was expecting for and x-pipe and true duals for our cars. the only problem would be what to get for a muffler

Yes. There are companies that make these systems (at least for a V8 MN12). I'm not so sure they make them for 3024 Pimpmobles with 420 ci engines.
I leave the pimpmoble parked on the moon, when I'm here visiting earth I use my bird and stang to blend in!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
where are you really located?

i have a comp bent dual 2" set of pipes i'm more than willing to part with at a very decent price :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont have true dual at the moment.

I have all new piping underneath i think its 2.5inch into a y-pipe, with a mid mounted muffler and chrome tips.

I want to true dual it out with a mid mounted magnaflow. But actually I have heard some nice sounding y-piped t-birds. So its really up to you i guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts