TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of doing the True Duals, I live around the St. Louis area and currently have jsut my mufflers cut off with tips and was wondering if it will sound a lot different if i get the true duals and where would be a good place to get them done i.e. the cheapest but will still be a quality job? Suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
it will sound alot different w/ true duals...alot better for that matter if you go w/ the right setup. i also have a 97 4.6l and i cut my mufflers off about 2 months ago which as you know is a HUGE improvement over not even being able to hear the car as it was stock. but for me, that was only temporary. i just did true duals earlier this week actually. i had the third cat cut off, and had a single dual in/dual out flowmaster welded in its place and ran 2.5'' pipe all the way back on both sides, ending w/ trans am tips. im a big flowmaster fan, cuz thats what i have on my other bird too, however magnaflows sound very good too (my bro has magnaflow on his 5.0 explorer). my setup now is no louder that it was w/ just cutting off the stock mufflers, but it just has a MUCH better sound. its alot throat-ier and just sounds meaner...just a cleaner sound. in my opinion, its definitely worth the money and its a huge improvement. as for where to get it done, cant really help you there...im in VA haha.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have the stock stetup. with 2 18" long 2" dia. straight pipe out the back with single in dual out tips. i also removed the air box silencer deal. and i love the sound of it how it is. Removing the silencer in the air box is what made the difference in sound. No doubt about it

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
just remove the resonator and put a dynomax RACE bullet in it will sound good and will not break the bank like a true dual setup if your just doing it for the sound theres no point going true duals

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The only place I will recommend in the area is House Springs Discount Muffler, in House Springs, MO, about 30 minutes south of St. Louis. They've done a few installations for me, and I've always been happy with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts