TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
you have to remove the two rivets where the license plate lights are, and remove the clip holding the lock cylinder, it should come right out, you will need to snake the rod out, and put it back on the old one, try to do it on your old one first so you can get the idea how it works.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chorizon said:
you have to remove the two rivets where the license plate lights are, and remove the clip holding the lock cylinder, it should come right out, you will need to snake the rod out, and put it back on the old one, try to do it on your old one first so you can get the idea how it works.

Will the trunk stay closed with the lock out? Can I open it again while the lock is removed?

What happened is the car has no key for the glove box, trunk release or trunk lock and I went today to have one made and they trunk and glove box are different .. basically he wants the trunk lock out so he can rekey it so all the locks match

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
it should, just be sure your power trunk release is in working condition, though.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is actually what happened is the 94 car has no key for the glove box, trunk release or trunk lock and I went today to have one made and they trunk and glove box are different .. basically he wants the trunk lock out so he can rekey it so all the locks match

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
How much did they charge you? I have the lock from 95 that I would like to install in my 97.

-Miller

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
It's not that big of a deal, you just have to be careful not to break any of the plastic parts that hold the rod onto the cylinder.
It's a step-by-step process, without a doubt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts