TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested, Advance Auto Parts is once again selling BOTH the left (#10771) and right (#10772) TRW-made lower control arms for the Thunderbird Super Coupe. I believe that these are actually the correct LCAs for the 1996 and 1997 Thunderbirds with the sport option, which my car has (because they have a slightly stiffer pivot bushing). They are even listed among the lower control arm choices when I list my vehicle as a 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX on Advance Auto's website (they both say "w/Super Coupe").

Dennis

·
Registered
294 Posts
I put a set of them in my 97 a year ago, no problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No difference in shock mount bushing that I know of. Not likely to affect the amount of body roll but does decrease the camber and toe changes that occur due to bushing compliance during cornering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lower control arms for sport suspension

If anyone is interested, Advance Auto Parts is once again selling BOTH the left (#10771) and right (#10772) TRW-made lower control arms for the Thunderbird Super Coupe. I believe that these are actually the correct LCAs for the 1996 and 1997 Thunderbirds with the sport option, which my car has (because they have a slightly stiffer pivot bushing). They are even listed among the lower control arm choices when I list my vehicle as a 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX on Advance Auto's website (they both say "w/Super Coupe").

Dennis
Dennis,

Advance Auto Parts does not carry above TRW control arms. I've looked on the internet but can not find. Do you know where I can buy them.

Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well this thread is over 3 years old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts