TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somone please tell what kind of car that I can go to the salvage yard to pull parts from to convert my 1990 SC from 5 4-1/4 to 5 4- 1/2;I want to put some 03 Cobra wheels on my t-bird;Please list everything for the front and the rear;Thanks in advance

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I could get the part off a 1993 Mark VIII ,because I have a hook up at the junk yard;Can somone tell what car I can get these parts off of??Please help;

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
nah lincoln mark viii have the same bolt pattern
but hey if you have a hook up, hook me up with the e-fan and wiring...

to do the swap from a parts car, you'll need a 99-up cobra for the rear, because of the irs, and get the hubs and then get the front hubs from any 94-up mustang

you might need to change your spindles, to 93-up because of different braking systems, since 89-92 have different spindles so you can use the mustang brakes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks for the info;;;MN12XR7 send me your e-mail adddress so you can tell me about the parts you need;

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You need the front spindles from a Mustang GT. As for the rear, you need the Hubs off of a Mustang Cobra.

I have been looking into the swap myself as the rims that I want for my SC don't come in anything but the 5 on 4.5.

There are also new bearings that you will need, and you will also need new rotors with the correct bolt pattern on them.

I can send you a list of the required parts (minus the rotors) later tonight. I have the ford part numbers.

Josh

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just finished the hub swap on my 94.

Front hubs from a 1994-up Mustang. Get a new hub nut to tighten it down. The torque settings are like 180ft lb so get a big wrench out.

If you are using the stock brakes still then get a set of Mustang rotors or redrill your stock rotors for the bolt pattern.

The rear takes a bit more work.

Two choices here. Get just the hub from the dealership and press the old one out or replace the hub and the bearing together. My suggestion is to do both. The rear hub requires a special recieving cup to holt the hub while pressing the old/new bearing. My suggestion is to take the knuckles, bearings, and hubs to the dealer and pay them to do the work. Should cost about 1 hour labor. Get a new hub nut to tighten it down.

As for the rear brakes you will want to contact Breaze Automotive they sell rear rotors already modified to fit the Cobra hub. www.breezeautomotive.com

Rich

·
Registered
287 Posts
Rich,

Did you have to modify the rear beakes or did they just bolt right back up.

House

1 - 13 of 13 Posts