TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well the car has been messed up for over a year. I finally have it off the road and ready to get her fixed. When I get on her she shifts good into first.. then dogs really really bad sitting on 4k rpms then slowy goes.. Somtimes it will bounce around shifting however it wants too. All I know is that its really slow now. I lost a full second in the 1/4. Fluid looks clean and unburnt. Here are details.
01 GT trans, less than 10k on her. Full Jmod via dirtydog (alan), 3800 stall via alan. Tuned locally after comp cam install. oh yea i lost alot of torque and horsepower.. It love 40rwhp and 40rwtq.. Yes 40 of each. Any idea lmk! im ready to do what it takes to get me where I belong and thats in the 13's not high 15s

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any other ideas?? i want to get this done so i can finish her up..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
have you TRIED a darrin or lonnie tune?
If you already have an Xcal2 or Xcal, a mail order tune shouldn't cost too much, and it'd be less expensive than to start tearing stuff apart. Next thing would be to check and make sure your A/F ratio is correct, it's hard to imagine the transmission would be THAT messed up without something electronically screwed up. You could have a tranny shop data log your tranny one of them there fancy expensive scanning toooools:tongue: . See if anything internally is going on funky. Did the car ever run better WITHOUT a tune? Or is it impossible to run the 99 tranny without a tune? It sounds like you would be safe to at least try it without a tune...It already runs like crap.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i dont know how many people have recommended having lonnie tune your car and you just wont listen. His out of the box tune after i dropped my cammed explorer motor in was on the money perfect, but you just dont want to listen. you make the easiest things difficult on yourself. so, dont bother having lonnie tune your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts