TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how you guys doing. since i've done my pi heads n intake swap, i would like to try dropping in sme Nos. so far i hear people stating Zex dry kits would be the way to go. so i'm going that way. but i have a couple of questions.

what else would i need to upgrade if install the zex kit?

Is there any possible way of me installing it or should i have a professional do it?

What shot should i go with?

whats the dark side of have te zex kit?

and how much am i looking at in order to get a Zex kit and install it?

if you guys can help me out, and guide me to the light that ll be great thanks

Rigel

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
If you swapped your heads yourself, you'll be able to install a Zex kit. It's pretty straight forward. A lager fuel pump would be a very good idea, and an AFP wouldn't hurt either. Get a bottle heater to keep the pressure up, a gauge to moniter the pressure. A new kit from Summit is around $500. Gauges run anywhere from $50+ depending on which one you get. Oh yeah, get a purge kit too. About $100. Heaters vary, I just ordered one that is pressure controlled, about $170. That should be all you need, minus the nitrous itself. With any power adder, you have to be aware that your motor could go anytime, but running a Zex kit 'safely' you should be fine for awhile. I would start out at a 75 shot and not get too greedy, maybe 100 after a bit of time, but I would shy away from the 125 for quite some time. Premium gas is definately a requirement also (92+).

Joe

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
-Well I would look into a fuel pump, injectors, and a tune. They aren't required but it is a good thing to have for safety.

Is there any possible way of me installing it or should i have a professional do it?
-I bought the zex kit for many reasons, ease of install was one of them. From what I hear it is probably one of the easier kits to install. I am going to have the place who is going to do my tune look over my install just to check out and make sure everything is ok.

-I will tell you what I wouldn't go with, that is anything over 100. That is for me to be safe. I have read about people going up to 125 and running that, but I don't want to take the chance.

-Its nitrous, and if the little brain box goes bad it could be dangerous and very hard to tell

-You could easily find a nice used zex kit for under 400. I have a total of 600 into mine including a new purge kit and a used nx bottle warmer.

There is a lot of talk about it in several posts. Read, reread, and then read again. In the end it is your decision that you have to stick with.

I am going to have mine dyno-tuned and if you have a chip I would recommend it anyways. Lonnie said that he could do a tune through the mail. So that would be your call to.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot joe so i when i purchase the kit ask them to get me a bottle warmer and a purge kit. what is a AFP if i may ask ?

Rigel

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot midnight for your info

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
how you guys doing. since i've done my pi heads n intake swap, i would like to try dropping in sme Nos. so far i hear people stating Zex dry kits would be the way to go. so i'm going that way. but i have a couple of questions.

if you guys can help me out, and guide me to the light that ll be great thanks

Rigel
upgrade the fuel pump and get an adjusttable fuel pressure regulator (AFP)

definitly install it yourself. the install consists of mount things and connecting 3 wires, thats it. i never messed with nitrous before and i installed mine in a few hours.

i agree with the other guy, stay with 100 or less to keep it safe.

dark side of zex kit is that it is a power adder and with any power adder if its abused or misused you can lose a motor

new your looking at about $750-$800 for everything. used your looking at about $550-$600. by everthing i mean nitrous kit, purge kit, bottle heater, and pressure gauge

when will you be looking to buy? my kit might be for sale soon. its just about brand new, i've only run 2 full bottles through it and i bought it last ocotber. pm me if your interested.

Frank

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you were to buy one I would do it with Frank. You know that it will be a straight forward sale and that you are sure about what you are going to get.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Mn12KnightRyder said:
i would like to try dropping in some Nos.
Rigel
Please....it is nitrous. ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my fault nitrous

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
nawwz

·
Registered
199 Posts
No, make that two, two of the big ones, . . . and you need it by tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts