TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know I'm about to sound like the biggest tool in the world. And in this case, tool isn't cool. I've searched and searched, but nothing -- so I'm posting here. And I am sorry for the nonsense, BUT ...

I have a check engine light and it points to my MAF sensor. Okay, so I know where it is, and i see the two Torx screw up top. I have no idea what a Tamper Proof torx is though. I have a decent torx bit collection, but in the middle of the screw there's like a tiny rod sticking through.

But I mean, what the heck. Is it supposed to go down or what? I can't get the rod to move .... I just sprayed some lubricant and I'm letting it sit.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
you can either buy the correct tool for it, or hammer the center thing down ;)

it shouldnt be on there TOO tight...i used some big pliars and it came right off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i just finally saw the damn correct bit. pisses me off :) i knew it wasnt right.

I dont know if I'll try the pliars, but I'm so broke right now.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
You can break off that rod, and use a regular torx bit.

By the way, that "rod" doesn't move, and the lubricant won't do a thing.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
I purchase one of the safety Torx bits for that MAF screw from Autozone for under $5...check a local store, and see what they have, if you don't want to hammer that post in the center of the screw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts