TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after doing alot of posting in ironworker's thread i thought i should start my own. So without delay here are some pictures and such.

Here are the turbos. They are kkk k26 turbos. They belong to Porsche 924 at one point in time.

Now we have the header work. What i plan to do is run whats left of the tube right up to the turbo. The newest piece of piping should run right next to exhaust port for #1 cylinder.

This is just a position i was considering for the hot side. I like this but in the second picture it seems like it will give me alittle more room to work with the mass air and cold side piping.

Last we have both turbos sitting in there respective locations and hot side orientation will probably stay unless someone has a better idea. Im open to all options here. This is my first turbo build after all.

Zero

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
Please get rid of those factory manifolds. They are a major restriction, and with all the time and money you will be putting into this build, at least get some mustang shorties and cut them up. Otherwise those manifolds will definitely be holding you back.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike you think the factory manifolds will hold it back that much? I thought they would be plenty good to spin the smaller turbos. Also where would be the best placement for the o2's? Before or after the turbos?

Zero

·
Super Moderator
7,527 Posts
I definitely think they will hold you back. Just look at how small those ports are, and then they constrict even more to get around the bolts. You can pick up a set of cheap aftermarket mustang 1-5/8 shorties for under $100. If it were me, I would buy those now, and since you are flipping them and cutting them up anyway, you can easily deal with any fitment issues that may come up, and this way you'll be good to go for whatever you want to throw at it, and you won't have to re-fabricate anything down the road.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm didnt even look at it that way. See this is why i post here. lol. Ill start looking for a set of them then before i go any further with my build. Know anyone with a decent set?

Zero

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Hmm didnt even look at it that way. See this is why i post here. lol. Ill start looking for a set of them then before i go any further with my build. Know anyone with a decent set?

Zero
Find something with thick flanges, and thick primaries... just look for thick. You might be able to find something used locally. Check craigslist and the papers. SOMEBODY has an old set of 5.0 mustang headers near you.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually think i found a set of shortys here localy for 30. Guy should be sending me an email shortly!

Zero

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the guy with the shortys fell thru. Still looking for some and im also going to need a new cold side for one of my KKK's. It has a crack in it but the guy i got them from says he has another unit with a broken shaft.

Zero

1 - 9 of 9 Posts