TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone accomplished tubbing a MN-12 cougar or thunderbird for a 10-12" rear drag tire. I had come across a friend who is in the process of a 351 build on a 89 t-bird and since im a certified welder i was thinking of takin up the job... only thing that i notice could be a issue is the rear shock locations. It would have to be relocated depending on the width of the tire.... any advice...?

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts
Quite a few MN12's have been backhalved and tubbed. Rick Rodgers had this one at the '08 Shootout.

On the same note, there is no need to tub the car to fit a 10-12" rear drag tire. I run 28x11.50-16 ET Streets with the stock-type suspension on my XR7, no cutting required.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice ride racecougar, youve always been my inspiration to keep going with my 94 cougar.... Well thats good news about the 28x11.50-16's radials.. i think i will still put a cage in though... How much of a PITA was the cobra DOHC install?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw a similar swap on this forum if the same, looks lengthy. im hoping to do a 347 in the future.. im sure that will be a fun one too.... those are stock rims on that drag piture right?

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is off topic but I just got to say, that Bird that belongs to Rick Rodgers is one of best looking Birds Ive ever seen. Those drag wheels and slicks look great.

·
The Parts Guy
7,297 Posts
...those are stock rims on that drag piture right?
Yep. Those are stock 16x7 XR7 wheels on the back, and aluminum SC spare wheels on the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts