TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What would be needed to make this work in a 5.0 car?

I'm sure moving the brakets would be easy, but what about control arms - would the stock ones bolt in there?

And how much weight savings is there when swapping?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I thought those went for over a grand.

I havnt looked into one since they first were talked about. Might have a new item on my wish list. :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
AEDM8 said:
I thought those went for over a grand.

I havnt looked into one since they first were talked about. Might have a new item on my wish list. :)
It does after you buy the lower control arm/strut rod....it was the same price as the k-member was iirc. :eek:

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Other than weight savings, are there any other worthwhile benefits to buying something like this? Could one be made to work with my SC?

I didn't know aftermarket K-members existed..

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
92blackbird said:
Header clearence, oil filter accessibiltiy.
Hopefully strength too, but that one is yet to be tested.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Man I wish I had the extra funds now. I'm not seeing a downside except for the trouble (expense) of installing it.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Hell, I'd just do it myself.

I wish I'd known these existed before.. I probably would have swapped one in when I pulled the motor for the rebuild (and I actually had money). :mad:

Guess I'll just put it on the old "to do" list.. :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
So will stock control arms work with this K member? ANd what's this aboot strut/rod?

Think I'll pass on bidding on this piece, the weight savings don't justify the cost. That money is better spent on power adding. Afterall there are plenty of fast MN12's with factory K members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts