TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,732 Posts
You do realize these cars are not on the mustang platform right? The spot the turbo is mounted on that kit will not work in the shorter mn12 engine bay unless you don't want a cooling system. That and the tubular K member for our chassis wont have any of the same clearances the mustang ones do.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I realize that our cars are not mustangs lol. But seeing how that kit worked has made
me interested in a k member for our cars to see what is possible to do to our cars. I think
the turbo would sit where the battery is now.

How many people had problems with there kit? Im gonna search.. Thanks for the help and advice man, I really appreciate it. I know Sir William has one, ( a turbo kit) but cant find any pics of it..

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Sirwilliam uses remote turbos

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
How many people had problems with their kit? Every one who wanted to street drive their car.
You building a race only bird?
Anything you do to this car will be completely custom. Off the shelf kits won't do it.
Alan

·
Registered
663 Posts
How many people have had problems with their "kit"? Nobody, because there is no kit.

A couple people, one comes to mind more than others, have tried to DIY a turbo set up and keep the turbos under the hood and it just comes out that a 4.6 L is huge and needs every nook and cranny under there. Unless you don't like power steering and A/C and radiators and other silly stuff like that I would research how to put them elsewhere, or better yet acquire your boost from something a little more belt driven if your really even want boost at all.

Welcome to the world of mn12s

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The space issue is why I was wondering about the k member. I know there will be challenges, but if we never start, we will never finish. I say we as Im sure I will be posting issues with the install on here as they come along. I think a 70 or 72mm turbo would fit nicely where the battery is now and then go from there.

Maybe as far as the lower control arms, perhaps tiging in some cross supports would help solve the cracking, bending issues?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fastsc92 over at SCCoA was building a tubular k member for himself & a few for some local guys, maybe someone who is better informed on the subject will chime in. Oh & power steering is for old ladys!:tongue:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts