TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
a mustang kit woulnt fit even with a tubular K and on3performance is chinnesse made crap. If you do some research on on3performance you will find lots of angry threads and kits that woulnt fit. Anything for our cars is going to be one off. If your willing to ditch ac you can make it happen easy

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The space issue is why I was wondering about the k member. I know there will be challenges, but if we never start, we will never finish. I say we as Im sure I will be posting issues with the install on here as they come along. I think a 70 or 72mm turbo would fit nicely where the battery is now and then go from there.

Maybe as far as the lower control arms, perhaps tiging in some cross supports would help solve the cracking, bending issues?
sure.....just as an FYI, there are current members who have been on this site for a decade, have more working knowledge than the n00b2 who come here claiming to want turbos.....said n00b2, are unwilling to take no for an answer, dont understand the dynamics of the issue, want to be cool, and will eventually fade into the sunset as just another big talker dropping numbers. in a nutshell, the only available tubular k member is an EPIC FAIL. Its crap, its overpriced, its NOT stable, and quite frankly, AJE probably hasnt made one in years. They need special lower control arms and are not something you want to flex under load.....deflection en masse is bad....mmkay.

·
Registered
620 Posts
doesnt Mike Siska have a aje tubular k-member on his car?
mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
If anyone is considering a k-member to save weight, you honestly won't save that much. A stock k-member weighs in around 49lb's. The units that I've been making weigh in at a hair under 30lbs. Any weight savings is good, but it's not as much as you'd think. The added room however is the big saving.

Here's the set-up on the ground, utilizing all stock equipment. And a few pictures of it installed in Ricardo's machine.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
If anyone is considering a k-member to save weight, you honestly won't save that much. A stock k-member weighs in around 49lb's. The units that I've been making weigh in at a hair under 30lbs. Any weight savings is good, but it's not as much as you'd think. The added room however is the big saving.

Here's the set-up on the ground, utilizing all stock equipment. And a few pictures of it installed in Ricardo's machine.

I would still like to get one of these from you....as every pound I can save, and room for bigger headers is great for me!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Its a nice unit for you badbird but sinec no one uses them for DD street use they lose their appeal to me.

·
Banned
754 Posts
A couple people, one comes to mind more than others, have tried to DIY a turbo set up and keep the turbos under the hood and it just comes out that a 4.6 L is huge and needs every nook and cranny under there.
yeah, why the hell are these engines so big? I swear to god my 4.6L appears to be larger in physical size than my dads 5.7L hemi in his Ram. Now I know the bigger engine bay in the truck would make a big engine appear small, but parked nose-to-nose I swear my engine is way bigger.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
yeah, why the hell are these engines so big? I swear to god my 4.6L appears to be larger in physical size than my dads 5.7L hemi in his Ram. Now I know the bigger engine bay in the truck would make a big engine appear small, but parked nose-to-nose I swear my engine is way bigger.

tell me where the cams are on your car and where the cam is on your dads truck......your answer is there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello

Well try to turn into the corner at 80 or so

Paul
actually, PS only makes a difference at low speed, the hydraulic pressure while the car is stationary reduces the amount of effort put in from the driver to turn the wheel. once the car is rolling, you can't really tell much of a difference. YES i do know this because my fox cougar has no PS, it only sucks when you're trying to turn at very low speeds. oh and i dont have a front sway bar, yay body roll!!
:D
PS is for old ladies

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
actually, PS only makes a difference at low speed, the hydraulic pressure while the car is stationary reduces the amount of effort put in from the driver to turn the wheel. once the car is rolling, you can't really tell much of a difference. YES i do know this because my fox cougar has no PS, it only sucks when you're trying to turn at very low speeds. oh and i dont have a front sway bar, yay body roll!!
PS is for old ladies
HA!
Thats my car to a T.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Full race!

PS is for old ladies
Until you race 25laps at FULL speed can you state "one does not need power steering". You see it all the time at the track. Someone falls off the pace.
He says he lost his power steering!

Maybe OK in a drag car or street car, Not with an oval track car!

Paul

·
Registered
607 Posts
Until you race 25laps at FULL speed can you state "one does not need power steering". You see it all the time at the track. Someone falls off the pace.
He says he lost his power steering!

Maybe OK in a drag car or street car, Not with an oval track car!

Paul
Paved or dirt?

I've never seen such a thing, but I am a road racer and its a bit (HA!) different.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts