TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I looked over the net to see if I could see some members for our cars and came out with nothing. Now, I saw this member at ebay. I know it's from a mustang, but shouldn't be the same because we have same engine? :confused:

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
AJE is the only company that's made a tubular crossmember for our cars. There were some initial problems, but I think all is ironed out now.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right Bill, and DAMN its expensive, althought some shop at ebay swore to me that the stang member should fit without any problem!!!!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Eric123 said:
how much is the AJE unit? didnt find any mention of it on the website

not cheap. you also need to use theier lower control arms.

joseph

·
Registered
21 Posts
k-member is $489 and the a arms are $449. in a previous thread someone said that you had to use custom coil overs with it but according to anthony jones over at ajr the stock struts and springs will work. so a little under a grand. i think this is gonna be my next buy, :D twin turbo here i come.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Twin turbo...Would you have turbo lag with that? Or would 3.73's take care of that? TT would be sweet!

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
funderbird said:
Twin turbo...Would you have turbo lag with that? Or would 3.73's take care of that? TT would be sweet!

Depends on the sizing of the turbos. If he's talking about a true twin turbo system (two turbos of the same "size") lag can be dealt with by (and I hate to use the word) tuning impeller and compressor specs. With sequential twins (one turbo smaller than the other) lag is already partially compensated for, the smaller of the two turbos spools and builds boost at lower RPMs. This is all pretty basic and accurate to my admitedly basic understanding of turbo systems.

Anyway.. another way to help negate lag in a turbo setup is with a looser (higher "stall") torque converter. That should be pretty obvious. The gears will help the engine gain RPMs faster (remember, that's the true benefit of gears. Torque multiplication down low and alowing the engine to spin into its power band quicker) and this allows the turbos to build boost "quicker." Boost should still come in at the same RPM range (again, if I understand the way they work correctly) you'll just hit that RPM range quicker.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
has anyone here bought one ? i need one to mount a 390 in mn12 cradle , my cousin is going use a supercoupe chassis under his 69 mach1 , yes its that rotted!

·
Super Moderator
7,698 Posts
jk89cat said:
has anyone here bought one ? i need one to mount a 390 in mn12 cradle , my cousin is going use a supercoupe chassis under his 69 mach1 , yes its that rotted!
That sounds like it will be one hell of a car! I must see pics of that when it is done.

Mike

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
weve been kicking idea around for about 6 months of what to do with the car , because finding a affordable 69/70 fastback shell is not easy , we are having a race chassis shop looking at the cars on monday , to see what needs to happen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts