TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That is a bracket to be able to run Cobra rear rotors (tbird calipers) on an MN-12.

Russell

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The MN12/FN10 Independent rear suspension is real popular with the folks building Coba Replicas. That is what is pictured in the Ebay Ad.

And has been stated, the brackets being sold in the ad are for adapting the larger Cobra rear rotors to the MN12.

Be grateful for this market. It has provided us with some parts that otherwise wouldn't be built.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know about the bracket.. What I was pointing out was the Tubular Lower Control Arms in the 2nd picture not the bracket. That's why I said "It's not whats getting sold". Are those Lower Control Arms an aftermarket production piece or just a mock up? I was intreaged by them.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Traveler said:
The MN12/FN10 Independent rear suspension is real popular with the folks building Coba Replicas. That is what is pictured in the Ebay Ad......
The tubular a arms is what I was referring to. I don't know if they'll fit an MN12 or not. You might do a search among the Kit Cobra websites and forums and be able to find out however.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Those are for the Cobra kit car....sorry I should have read the question better.

Russell

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if they have the same dimensions of ours. and if so.. I wonder how much they cost. I bet if one beefed them up with gussets and such they'd be alright. Of course something would have to be done about a spring pocket.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Different length....that is why they designed a new upper/lower control arm setup and swaybar setup, iirc.

Russell

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
you don't want to hear this but some bagged trucks run a thjunderbird rear end in their trucks and there is a comany that makes lowers like that for a thunderbirds rear suspension. although i can't say if they are a direct replacement. they do a lot of narrowing on these trucks. I am locked out of the site with pics while here at work but can post a pic of them later if you want to see them.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Where do they mount springs and/or bags to them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts