TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i gotta do a tune up now and im gonna go with motocraft plugs. im not sure on the wires though. any recamendations? or wich one's do u guys prefer. once again thanks for your help.:confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hear Motorcraft is best for our cars, but i got a set of Bosch wires and at first thought they were crap until i realized it wasnt the wires causing my misfire, corrected the problem and i would recomend them now.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Go with OEM motorcraft wires you wont be disappointed my 2nd choice would be frpp wires.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I tried the MSD wires several years back. Piles of crap. Lasted less than 9 months. I went to Autozone and the got the lifetime warranty ones (might be Bosch; can't remember), and they've been on for over 3 years with no problems.

Also, why the frowny face? You'll never own another car where changing the plugs is as easy as it is on the 4.6L engine. Should take less than an hour, even stopping to sip an adult beverage after each plug.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't know about the 4.6 being the easiest engine to change spark plugs on.My Dad's '74 Dodge Charger is pretty easy.Pop the hood and all you see is the bare basics for an engine.There's no computer,very few emissions junk,and everything is easy to get at,except the oil filter(and all us 4.6 guys know about that!lol)But any way,I'm just joking aound,the 4.6's are easy to change wires on!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
yeah I ordered my FRPP wires from dan... they cost me 90 bux I believe with tax and shipping (damn them for being in charlotte) but I haven't had a problem yet. Of course they are only like 10K miles old :) But copper plugs and wires. Works wonders.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Agreed! Motorcraft wires with copper motorcraft/autolite plugs!

And if you haven't done it in a while clean your MAF and change your fuel filter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts