TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 formerly 4.6 (now 5.4 dohc) car that is in need of tuning. I'd like to do it myself as I know what I'm looking for but am new to the land of aftermarket computer modifications. In the past I have used J2534 boxes to update and program software for OE applications though. Which programs are useful for this era car? Just learned moates is done so that's a closed avenue. HP tuners doesn't seem to support this age ford either. Right now I just really need to make this run leaner as its almost flooding itself out with stock navigator injectors. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Matt

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I have a 95 formerly 4.6 (now 5.4 dohc) car that is in need of tuning. I'd like to do it myself as I know what I'm looking for but am new to the land of aftermarket computer modifications. In the past I have used J2534 boxes to update and program software for OE applications though. Which programs are useful for this era car? Just learned moates is done so that's a closed avenue. HP tuners doesn't seem to support this age ford either. Right now I just really need to make this run leaner as its almost flooding itself out with stock navigator injectors. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Matt
Currently the only avenue for OBD2 burning is SCT. I use TunerProRT but my current hardware is only for chips. Until I find a proper OBD2 plug in thatll work with TunerPro, I cannot recommend it.

·
Registered
Ford Lincoln Mercury
381 Posts
You might want to look into Holley EFI. I'm running my modular dohc with a Terminator X Max and i really like the system. Not the cheapest, but is pretty much plug and play and the amount of things that can be tuned/changed/monitored is really amazing for the money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might want to look into Holley EFI. I'm running my modular dohc with a Terminator X Max and i really like the system. Not the cheapest, but is pretty much plug and play and the amount of things that can be tuned/changed/monitored is really amazing for the money.
Does it integrate with the 4r70 well or does it need an extra control pack for that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts