TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, does anyone out there know a reasonable tuner that can turn off the Auto trans functions to my EEC for my T45 conversion?
Thanks, Lexx007

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had a programer for the EEC could I do that myself?
Could I change the programming later for performance?

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mustang EEC on a MN12

Has anyone intergrated a Mustang GT 5 speed 4.6 EEC into a 97 4.6 Tbird?
I talked to Lonnie and says it can be done you just have to repin the harness; and some wiring?
I need a pinout on a 97 GT Mustang does anyone have one?
I can get a 97 GT EEC from the yard nearby.

Thanks, lexx007

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
why bother when you can switch off the auto trans function in your current 97 tbird??

and by the way, the pin out is the same....my friend is running a 96/97 tbird eec in his 97 mustang 5-speed...sure it throws codes because of the auto trans not being present, but other than that it works

edit: ah i get it...you dont wanna throw down the cash for a tune

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
well, its not quite that easy....the mustang EEC is programmed for the mustang maf.....if you grab that too, then you'll be fine.....if you dont, the mustang eec has no way of knowing you have a tbird maf, and your fuel delivery will be off....definitely not a good thing

other than that, i dont see why it wouldnt work.....my friend is still running his mustang maf even though the mn12 eec i lent him is still programmed for the tbird maf....but he is the type that doesnt car if it blows up his car because he has other means of transportation....you have to know where you stand before you embark on something you're not sure of

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=88

http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=490765&postcount=2

·
Super Moderator
7,655 Posts
I just compared the pinouts for you on both the 97 GT and the 97 tbird. The only difference, aside from not having the wiring for the auto trans on manual GT's, is that the tbird PCM has a wire on pin 19 that goes to the warning chime in the car, while the mustang does not have that circuit. I don't know if maybe the tbird PCM sounds the warning chime if there is a problem or something like that, but whatever reason it has for doing that, that would be the only thing that won't function, so it should be fine. The only other thing is like Guitar Maestro said, you have to get the mustang MAF to match the PCM, and then it should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
this is right along with what i want to ask. What about a 98 mustang eec in to 96/97 tbird harness. some year they started the cop and returnless not sure what year
thanks Chris
did you click any links i posted???

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
look at pin80.....look at how pre-99 it says FP relay....this means that the fuel pump power comes from a relay which is fully energized when pin80 is hot, which means the fuel pump is always on when the relay is energized......can you guess what FP Driver in the other column for 99+ will be? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts