TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its out we did about five 03 Birds this weekend in Atlanta and the gains are impresive about 15 RWHP with removed speed limiting and massaged trans shift points the car drives tottaly different, these cars have no service port so the EEC has to be flashed I can offer same day turnaround give me a call if I can help.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
hot.......so ur gonna have lincoln ls and new bird things?...same engine so not totally diffrent computer right?

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
As long as "Ponytail boy does not get a tune!

Fun was had by all this weekend and The guy's at Fordchip.com made the day for many. While the power gains were great the enhanced drive-A-bility for those with un-orthodox setups (me included!) was a great benefit as well.

Dennis, You missed The show stopper of the day....

'03 Cobra
2.7 pulley
Single blade TB
Stock MAF
CAT back
100 shot...............571RWHP/737LBFT Torque

NUT'S!!!!

- Big "I need headers" Scott

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
HOLY FICAL.......531 hp is whoa but yeah........737lb-ft of troque....holy stinkin fical batman!....whos car was that?...and why does scott need headers.......i thought you had some on your car?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just a simple question here, what is the stock speed limiter? My mom has an 02 and I have yet to test the top end.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
While the power gains were great the enhanced drive-A-bility for those with un-orthodox setups (me included!) was a great benefit as well.

- Big "I need headers" Scott

Hey Big Scott, Did you get your car dynoed? What are your #s?

-Shawn

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I don't have headers, I had my stock manifolds Extrude Honed. At the time of my swap(s) JBA were the only ones available and I was not taking the chance on those so I went with the Extrude hone. My 3 inch single was great for the N/A setup but not enough flow for what I got going on under the hood. The car drives so much better now that it has a proper tune. I was under the gun to get it all together the last time Jerry was down so it needed some smoothing out, and boy is it smooth now.

-Scott

·
Registered
425 Posts
Are your extrude honed manifolds comparable in flow to the '03 cobra's stockers? Just wondering because I have seen with my own eyes (and driven in:eek: ) an '03 cobra pulling 598 rwhp and 542 ft/lbs on the dyno with a Kenne Bell blowzilla (among other things) and with stock manifolds, no honing or nuttin'

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
hmmmmm how much did that engine cost.....or do u never tell

1 - 17 of 17 Posts