TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well I am still around. Thanks for the trash talk as usuall. The cougar is sitting retired from daily service for now. I bought this as my new daily driver and another turn key Detroit diesel swapped 48 gmc for another toy. I have been busy lately to even touch the cougar.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Yes I do. I don't drive it often the powerstroke is my daily obviously. It has a freshly rebuilt 2 stroke Detroit diesel 4cyl turbo. 4 speed with a 2 speed rear. 1 ton running gear. On board air and setup to tow anything. Here's a short clip of it running.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lovin that old gmc man

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Actually it is some kind of stainless steel flex tubing. Works well and holds its shape. I kind of want to know where the builder bought the tubing. The smoke stacks are aluminum. Here's one more short clip of the lil old Detroit reved up.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
wow. That this is all kinds of Awesome. Seriously man I'd daily drive the GMC, that thing must get tons of attention.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Emission testing be damned! I bet you have to answer a lot of questions about whats under the hood.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Emission testing be damned! I bet you have to answer a lot of questions about whats under the hood.
Wa only tests for 25 years then a vehicle is exempt. not to mention I am out of testing area anyways so I don't do any testing.

wow. That this is all kinds of Awesome. Seriously man I'd daily drive the GMC, that thing must get tons of attention.
Right now it has a collecter plate which can only really be driven on sunny days. Also it has a very stiff suspension that's not daily driver friendly. I went too fast over a railroad crossing and bounced the rear of the truck a good foot off the ground. I dropped a 600 lb motor in the bed and the rear sunk less than 1mm. My 7.3 powerstroke is a strait piped 5 speed which makes for a fun dd.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love all of your cars right now! The GMC is very cool and I would love a 5 speed PSD! Hopefully you can finish the cougar soon, you have enough diesels for now!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks. Also when the weather gets better I will get to work on the cougar. i have no garage right now and its raining everyday. The covertor has been shuddering for the last two years so that's first on the list then a turbo and probably blow up the old tired 4.6. The ultimate goal is still a diesel powered cougar...someday.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well. The cougar is on jack stands. Work is back underway. Hope to have hotside done by this weekend (weather permiting). I am U-turning the exhaust where the 3rd cat was (now a muffler). There will be several custom mufflers that I built infront of the turbo feed that are already in place.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well. The cougar is on jack stands. Work is back underway. Hope to have hotside done by this weekend (weather permiting). I am U-turning the exhaust where the 3rd cat was (now a muffler). There will be several custom mufflers that I built infront of the turbo feed that are already in place.
So, we are back into running a custom turbo setup to blow the motor up?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Likely won't blow. I'm only going to run 5lbs of pressure. The turbo has a large housing that should keep egts and exhaust backpressure down.

·
Registered
91 Super Coupe
1,339 Posts
Why would you put a muffler before the turbo ?

David

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
It will rob a small amount of effeciency but nothing I am worried about. The hotside will bolt to the factory 2 bolt ball flange. Then u turn towards the front to where I left off. This allows the stock exhaust to be place back on the car in seconds and there is not much room for a muffler after the turbo. Its going to be kept in check at 5psi. The worst that can happen is a small lag in spool up which can be also changed with a few changes to the turbo or change the turbo for a better one. The mufflers already equiped are all custom. Two strait thru bullet sized mufflers where the cats were which will not rob anything and a small custom U baffled muffler that is where the third cat was.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.