TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that this has been talked about before, but can you adapt a turbo coupe turbo system on to a 4.6 car. I was told that mustang guys do it and it is cheap and easy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I could be wrong, but I dont see how that would work. What would you do about the manifold, I mean lol its from a 4 cylender, and your wanting to put it on a v8? Something doesnt add up ;)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I saw an article in a magazine that showed how you could adapt a turbo from pretty much any car onto any other car. I don't remember much about it as it was 10-15 years ago.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The turbo from the TurboCoupe is fairly small and will only support about 300hp. If you put one on each bank, it would kick butt. There is an issue with space under the hood of an MN12 and under it for the exhaust, but with a bit of work, I think it could be done.
I do think it would make more sense to use a turbo capable of about 700cfm, that way, it isn't too big and won't have a bunch of lag and fit under the hood.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it is possible to plumb in these turbos? I know a guy that is selling three turbos and intercoolers. Could 1 intercooler support 2 turbos and would it have too much lag. Whats a good price for this stuff. And how much would it cost to set this up. And finally, am I getting in over my head.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Helll...Just let me know if the manifolds will fit one head...two manifolds and two turbos have been on my agenda for a while, but I just need a starting point for manifolds...If anyone has a local junkyard, and can get a manifold...just check the fitment to any 4.6 and let us know...sweet!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Also...when I say two turbos...not the turbo coupe ones...I looking to use the manifolds as a starting point of plumbing. I just want to know if the mnifold fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts