TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
If you have a talented enough fabricator you can get those made out of headers. Its just going to be really time consuming and expensive. and this is probably obvious, but make sure that they are the ones that fit in your car in the first place. We found this out the hard way with my friend's dart.

·
Registered
7 Posts
all you need to do is buy a set of 3.8 mac shorty headers for about $200 and then switch the two, pass goes to drivers side and vise versa so they aim forward. then you take the passenger side(origionally the drivers side) and cut it apart and do a lot of test fitting, it took my buddies and i a few nights to do but wasnt all that painful, we tacked everything together with the mig and then tigged most everything else.

·
Registered
254 Posts
idk if this would help but saturday on trucks on spike tv I saw they had a turbo that went were the muffler is, it would be not noticeable but make an awesome sleeper it would take a lot of pipe though if you put it where the 2 to one is idk just an idea.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
ncoop23 said:
idk if this would help but saturday on trucks on spike tv I saw they had a turbo that went were the muffler is, it would be not noticeable but make an awesome sleeper it would take a lot of pipe though if you put it where the 2 to one is idk just an idea.
Bill Wheeler (aka Sir William) already did that on his 4.6 T-Bird.

David

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Sleeper? Not hardly. My turbo whistles like nobody's business. There is absolutely no mistaking its presence. Of course having only like 4 feet of 3" pipe straight off the turbo probably contributes to it.

I just tell people I have one of those cool rotating muffler thingies. Some of them buy that line..... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts