TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some of you guys might want to see a progress picture of the turbo system that ForcedFab is building for my 93 SC w/347. The turbo in the picture is just an empty case being used to fabricate the hot side plumbing. The actuall turbo (Percision T76 GTS) will have the compressor outlet facing down into the fender.

It's supposed to be done and ready to start tuning in mid August :D

David

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Poor alternator.... warm will he be.... :(

And how close is that exhaust to the rubber radiator hose? :beek:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Poor alternator.... warm will he be.... :(

And how close is that exhaust to the rubber radiator hose? :beek:

Both are close enough that they will require heat sheilding. Everything will be ceramic coated and the downpipe will be wrapped. The turbo will have a heat sheild and the wires, hoses and other stuff that are close will get heat reflective cool wrap.

I'm trying to stay with a stock hood, but it may require louvers or some other means of ventilation to keep from melting stuff.

David

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
That's cool.... ok, no pun intended. :rofl:

Even with shielding, that rubber hose may still get hot and swell, if not burst. But SS braided would solve that problem. :thumbsup:

Looks nice. :thumbsup: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dr. FrankenCougie said:

How much is this install costing you?
About $7,500 including the injectors, low impedance resistor boxes and full exhaust system.

David

·
Registered
38 Posts
thats kind of how I had planned on mounting my two, but its great to see that it actually works that way. How much room is there in the side of the fender for the air filter?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wicked6 said:
thats kind of how I had planned on mounting my two, but its great to see that it actually works that way. How much room is there in the side of the fender for the air filter?
With a 90 degree elbow there should be plenty of room for a large cone filter. It's pretty much the same area that MAC and ZR intakes place the filter on an SC.

The drivers side of the car is much more crowded and would require relocating the power distribution box, the battery and the washer fluid tank. I'm having trouble even fitting an overflow bottle for the coolant on that side.

David

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've always wondered if a big turbo would outflow a supercharger and build more pressure in the intake pipe than in the combustion chamber.
That aside, that should be awesome. 1000hp with no lag, yowza!
You may want to do a water/methanol spray to help prevent detonation under high boost cooling mist injectors

·
Registered
38 Posts
well I'll also be fitting a water/air cooler in the fender right where the air silencer used to be, and then another one in the same spot on the driver side, below where the battery used to be. The battery is already in the trunk but I still need to relocate the fuse box into the fender and I'd like to place the starter solenoid somewhere out of the way too, probably in the fender with everything else, since thats where my battery wire is anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
BMan said:
I've always wondered if a big turbo would outflow a supercharger and build more pressure in the intake pipe than in the combustion chamber.
You may want to do a water/methanol spray to help prevent detonation under high boost cooling mist injectors
I dont know about 'outflowing' because it all depends on the supercharger and the turbo. But turbos consistantly produce more torque per psi than superchargers do, and similar horsepower, and they also dont rob power from paracitic drag like superchargers do. Here's an example, one guy with a twin screw autorotor on his v6 made 330rwhp at ~18psi (I believe) and maxed out his 42# Injectors, where another guy with twin turbos on a stock longblock made 450rwhp at 17psi and still has room left in his 42# Injectors.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMan said:
I have already purchased a water/alky injection kit from Snow Performance. It has the , boost activated progressive controller, 7 qt trunk mounted tank, 220 psi pump and dual nozzels. Should be able to get real close to my 800 rwhp goal using pump gas with the alky injection.

David

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Yikes Dave. I can't wait for a ride in that beast. I may have to make a trip up to STL before next year's WFC. :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sir William said:
Yikes Dave. I can't wait for a ride in that beast. I may have to make a trip up to STL before next year's WFC. :D
Bill,

Just make the trip over to OKC this fall for the Shootout and you can drive it then.

David

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Anything new on the STS system bill?

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave,

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.
Are you leaving the IRS in that car?
Are you going to intercool it? If so, what are you doing for an intercooler?
What size turbo is that?

Dan

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Slysc said:
Dave
Are you going to intercool it? If so, what are you doing for an intercooler?
I have already purchased a water/alky injection kit from Snow Performance. It has the , boost activated progressive controller, 7 qt trunk mounted tank, 220 psi pump and dual nozzels. Should be able to get real close to my 800 rwhp goal using pump gas with the alky injection.

Slysc said:
Dave
What size turbo is that?
The turbo in the picture is just an empty case being used to fabricate the hot side plumbing. The actuall turbo (Percision T76 GTS) will have the compressor outlet facing down into the fender.

Slysc said:
Dave
Are you leaving the IRS in that car?
I belive he should leave it, why would you want an open diff? :confused:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Oh, BTW David, aswome bro :thumbsup: Can't wait to see it done. Make sure to take vids bro..... :D

Israel

1 - 20 of 129 Posts