TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/ <---These fella's are bolting up Turbo kits on 5.0 stangs and even the 4.6 stangs with a bone stock motor with no internal building as far as I can understand on some of the cars. I was thinking about this set up on my next car but is it safe at all? They also say they're open to making a turbokit for other types of cars which would be a good add on for a 4.6 or 5.0 T-bird. Anywho I was just curious on your opinions of this set up. I don't beleive I would go beyond the stage 1 setup on a stock motor and I still have my doubts about that.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Forced Fab in Dayton may be your best bet for an MN12 5.0 turbo kit. They have already built a turbo system (including FMIC) for Chris Lazzo's car and are currently building one for my 93 SC with a 347.

Both were custom jobs but either would work on a stock 5.0 if the air pump is removed.

David

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I've seen a bone stock 5.0 Mustang with a turbo for cheap. Car had 100k miles and ran 12's. Coulda run 11's with more boost and an intercooler. They turned the stock headers upside down and bent custom exhaust. The driver side exhaust went in front of the motor. Turbo was in front of the right strut tower and I think it just dumped into a single 3 in pipe.

Not too much fabrication and it was uglier than it was fast.

12 second quarter for a grand...wow turbos rock!

Of course there was no power steering, ac or smog pump and it was basically a trailer queen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts