TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How could i turn my 4.6 cougar into a 5.0 mustang HO without dropping a 5.0 in it. I want my car to be like his because its so fast and the stand-still's are out cold plus did i mention it was super fast. I heard of putting a chip in it but i never got around to it and how much do you think i would spend.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
:2huh:

·
Registered
615 Posts
you want a 5 slow huh..........first of all a stock 4.6 stang will walk all over a stock 5 slow. Get a 3.7 inch big bore on your 4.6 it will make it a 5.0 from hell :zdevil: or like Oscar said, get some nitrous.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I will take a stock 88 LX 5.0 against a stock 96 GT anyday.

How fast is this Mustang that your friend has? It wil give people here an idea of what you would need to do.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
TGJ said:
I will take a stock 88 LX 5.0 against a stock 96 GT anyday.
:zwthstpd:

I think Ashish is probably referring to PI Stangs...cause the '96-98 are not, ummm, known for their speed :rofl:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
There is a 4.6 to 5.0 stroker kit for modular engines .... BUT it doenst seem like you have the whole picture clarified in your original post.

How could i turn my 4.6 cougar into a 5.0 mustang HO without dropping a 5.0 in it.
Answer to that is you cant ... Modular cannot be turned into OHV/pushrod. The stroker kit gives you approximately the same displacement thats about it.

More info here

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Unless you wanna dump a ton of money into a swap of a different engine , beef up whatever youve got, and" run what ya brung" as the good ole boys say....

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
There is also a 4.6 -> 5.0 Over-Bore,

Check out ModularPerformance for that.

5.slow = 5.0L

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
5.0l mod crate motor

·
Registered
615 Posts
how about that 5.0 cammer :king:

·
Registered
615 Posts
very true

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I got a 5.0 shortblock sitting here. :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I see renegade racing written on that, KD did you buy the bare block from MP, and then send it to Jim.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Ashish said:
I see renegade racing written on that, KD did you buy the bare block from MP, and then send it to Jim.
Well they sent it to Jim, so yes pretty much. Makes a lot more sense to just send it across town rather than to TX and back.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
guitar maestro said:

nice :)

is that already installed?
No,and it isn't going in the Tbird.
JL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts