TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that the majority of the time when I attempt to start my car it takes about 2-3 seconds (one one thousand, two one thousand) for it to turn over?

This isnt THAT long in my opinion, I have seen older cars take a good 5-10 seconds to turn over.

However, every so often I can turn over instantly, as soon as I turn the key. It is always random when the turnover is instant, sometimes after the car sits for a day, sometimes after I just drove it an hour and anywhere in between.

This isnt a major concern of mine, I do however like that instant start up feeling.

Is there any simple/cheap fix to this?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
A tune up might help you out, mine takes longer to start when I get some marginal gas.

Don't get me wrong, mine (the 89 with the 3.8) starts way better than most cars. I have a remote start, and it has never failed to start, my buddies 2001 S-10 failed to start 75% of the time. Other than making sure you leave the key in the run position long enough for the fuel pump to pressurize the system before cranking, not much else can be done. Sounds like just the way it is, doesn't sound like anything is wrong, like a weak electrical system or starter, or electronic ingine control or fuel system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts