TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it's been beat to death but I found a good source of blue plastic to do this with. At a party store I found dark blue plastic food trays. The reason why they caught my eye is that they are perfectly clear and they do not distort light that passes through them. I chopped one up with a hacksaw and grinder and it worked great, cost about $2. The clock and SATC are now blue and have a excellent look they are not blurry at all. Pics, here goes! And remember, the lights are brighter than they look on a digital camera, i promise.

·
Registered
554 Posts
TTIWWP!!!!

We want pics!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
definitely.. pics please!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my digital cam is all f'd up. I'm gonna buy a new flashcard and hopefully get some pics tomorrow err today its 2am.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought a flashcard $20 and some new rechargeable batteries $20 and a charger. it's 1am bats wont be charged til 2 prolly post pics tomorrow. I finished the entire interior (except window and lock lights) with blue high power leds. I also changed the entire instrument cluster to blue, needles and all. I didnt replace the stock gauge faces. it's got blue 194 replacements all around and up top in the dome (they call em festoon) got white in the map lights (6 HiPowLEDS) they're blinding. 4 high power LED's in the instrument cluster, the ashtray has one, the gear shift selector light is blue, the glovebox light, both rear lights, the lights near the petals, the doors, satc, clock, radio, thats about all the interior leds i currently have. V-LEDs.com i ordered sunday and they got here on wednesday. from WA to FL in 3 days is pretty good. They have all the lights you need to do anything in your tbird with led. they seem pretty high quality and the light output is incredible. Pics!! within 24 hrs i promise!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Link = nothing there....

·
Registered
767 Posts
so did you use the blue plastic tray things for the guage cluster illumintaion? mine got screwed up so for now im going to get another cluster and do what i want with it.

EDIT:nevermind i saw your post in the other thread about using led's

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Digital cam still sucks ass but here's some pics!

The interior is all blue, gauges, satc, clock, ashtray, glove box, gear selector, and courtesy lights (except map and vanity mirror lights, some of those are leds too :D)
HERE is a link, you have to go to the website, i know it's lame
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/tbizzle/led
lemme know what you think

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump.... i posted pics on supermotors, now you dont have to leave the forum to see my stuff!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i didnt use anything on the needles. the 94-6 cluster has white paint on the back of the needles. shine a 194 hi power led through it and that's what it looks like.
I bought the leds at www.v-leds.com
they are $10 a peice and I think you need 5

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.