TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you guys get one of these?

I've seen a few T-Birds that have turqoise colored tails on the chrome T-Bird grill ornament--(per the jewelry custom of the Indians that told the legend of a great Thunderbird in the Southwest). Was this a '97 option only? I've seen it on Special Editions, Sports, and some regular LX models. I have a late '97 Sport but no turquoise.

(LOL!---Life must be good when this is the only thing on my mind on a Saturday morning!):p

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You mean like this:

Just ignore the dragonfly, bird was just having a snack. ;)

That is totally stock, I didn't know they had ones without the turquoise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good pic

Thanks for the pic. That's hilarious! The last thing that dragonfly saw was a shiny chrome bird flying straight for him at 60mph!

Yep, that's the one I'm talking about. I see you have '96, so I guess it was't just a '97 thing. Maybe my '97 had the front end replaced in the past, and they put a regular ornament on there instead of the correct one with turquoise? Just a theory...

Anybody know the history on these? In the meantime maybe I'll just go to my Ford dealer and pick one up.

:D

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
ok way back when (about 3 years ago) we had this discussion and the outcome was this, ford had 2 boxes of emblems one with and one without the green parts, it was up to the person putting them on weather he put the green one on or the all silver one on.

there is nothing that states that x car got the green ones and y car got the silver ones its totally random.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Maybe we should do a poll and see which ones came with the green tail (maybe just 96's have em.

my 96 has em.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I trust Vic. Ford does that all the time. (SHO gastanks for one)

Now the real question is, are there two separete part numbers, and can both be bought NOS?

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Only 96 has them........

I have seen alot of 97s with only silver feet and every 96 I have seen has the turqoise feet.
Chris

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
green tail bird emblems are no longer available, on the siver ones are.

we did a poll here was our results

V6 - had either
V8 - had either
Sport - had either
LX - had either

V6 - had either
V8 - had either
Sport - had either
LX - had either

·
Registered
940 Posts
where did you do the poll?, So far in this thread I've noticed all 96 have green, 97 have silver

·
Administrator
8,247 Posts
My 97 has the green. Also in that discussion, like Vic said, if you get a replacement from Ford now it will be all silver.

Joe

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Rodeo Joe said:
My 97 has the green. Also in that discussion, like Vic said, if you get a replacement from Ford now it will be all silver.

Joe
and an ugly silver at that.. the tail feathers seem a lot bigger, and there are no black lines in the wings.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
KewlBird said:
where did you do the poll?, So far in this thread I've noticed all 96 have green, 97 have silver
we did this a long time ago, im talking like 2-3 years ago.

·
Registered
940 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

we did this a long time ago, im talking like 2-3 years ago.

Cool, yeah i see Rodeo Joe has a 97 with it

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
When I bought my 96' the emblem/grill was missing and the only one ford had avalible was without tails, Mines a VERY shiny chrome with black lines between the segments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts