TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Between work and the holidays things are pretty chaotic right now. But with a couple extra days off for Turkey day, I had a little time to tweak my mini-site, with the new lower look and updated mod list.

http://members.tccoa.com/cylum

And I'm trying to make progress with the "Crazy Bird" t-shirt idea. You can see a mock-up on my site. That's what it will look like when I finally get it printed. I also set up an account with Paypal, so transactions should be easy.
I'm currently talking to one of our local print shops and getting them to put some numbers together for me. There are a ton of options to work out on these things... I guess it's never as easy as it seems. Hope people are still interested 'cause the up front "sticker shock" of the initial setup was a bit of a surprise.

(Yes "dugweed" I also asked about 4XL and 3XL sizes... I'm waiting for a reply. :xpsmile: )

I'm hoping to get this accomplished before Christmas, but I make no promises.

Let me know what you think.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Maybe that's what "Coming soon" means. ;)

Well since it's winter, how about sweatshirts or longsleaved t-shirts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
cool

Hey dude looks cool we just got ours back up to check out www.layinbody.com

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes code editors...

just don't save what you put in there. GOD it's frustrating.
Just scammed a copy of Dreamweaver from work today, that should help!shhh

Think I fixed that buggy rascal.

New and improved... well at least working WEB SITE... clap clap clap

Feedback guys

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing like opening curtain number 3 and there's nothing there but a couple of chirping crickets...sheesh.

Nice catch soop, think I've got it finally. Yes, it is a Canadian friendly site BTW. ;)

Good save Shadow, there's always more than one way to skin a cat...(or bird). I know other stuff would be cool, but I just want to try and get the ball rolling with t-shirts for now. If all goes well, it could be turned into hats, mousepads, coffee mugs... and maybe even stic... oh never mind.
:uppoint:

Justin, it says "Thunderbird", but you can see that for yourself now that the bug is squished. Not sure of the price until I see the cost...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
CyLum said:
... and maybe even stic...
YEAH!! STICK.....!!! Oh yeah. Never mind. They are really hard to get made. :D

If you check with us in Canada, we make everything doncha know. Even all that that stuff that says "Made in Mexico/Japan/Taiwan/Netherlands/China". You get the idea.

Tip: The Canadian dollar is low. Having stuff made here is way cheaper. That's why they make movies here. $160 CDN = $100 USD.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Im thinking hoodies. Im outa warm stuff. All my stuff got lost somehow when we repaited my room. like 6 hoodies and a couple jakets get lost going from my room to the living room and back. I now have one jacket that has paint on it from the trim.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I love the shirt and the site but the Red Skin Tag has to go. Around here we refer to them as the "Dead Skins"...I'm just kidding, shoot I like the Vikings and they can't win a game to save theirs!

You scammed a copy of Dreamweaver too.... :) 'man I've scammed so many...' Got to love hackers!

-Tim

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I should cheer...

for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In fact I do; they've finally put together a high end team. Gruden is slowly getting the offense to gel.

But, I lived in Alexandria VA. for 4 years, played football for my school team, and ended up having the Redskins become part of my soul. I have always liked thier philosphy, build from within, play hard in the trenches, get a little mud on your jersey, and grind you down. I'll never forget the Riggins run for a Superbowl touchdown... awesome. "Air" Spurrier will change that thinking a bit... but he's a great coach and will end up putting together a powerhouse up there one of these days. After all he came from the greatest state in the country for football - Florida!

About the t-shirts; the people I've been talking to at the print shop say that the set-up alone for the 4-screen print is about $300! They also said that I would save money by going with a dye-sublimation process. BUT, the only shirt they do dye-sub on is WHITE! I don't want white. So I've still got a lot of decisions to make... [thinking out loud] hmmm, how much would I have to charge per shirt at about 25 to 30 shirts (that's all I've seen so far) to make it worth while?[/thinking out loud]
Anyway, that's where I'm at right now, I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
hey, so when you gonna do up a t-shirt for use cougar people?!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I personally don't think that $30 is an unreasonable amount for a custom t-shirt. Even $35. Why not take a poll here and ask which type of shirt the members here would purchase such as t-shirt, sweatshirt, hoody, caps, etc to gauge the demand. From there, you would have a better idea if it is feasible or not. It would help if you had a pricepoint ballparked for each give or take $3-$4.

To add, I wouldn't look at this as just a one-off thing. You'd continue selling these for a long time after the initial bulk order.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
oooo i'd rock out a cougar hoodie... t-shirts would be nice too....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Supply and demand...

... is really the bottom line.

Jordan, if there is really enough interest, I'd be glad to do the Cougar next. As I put in my previous post, it's about $300 just to set up the process, then there's the cost of shirts to print on, and packaging and shipping... then Paypal want's a piece too.

Soop, great ideas. On this first time through this process though, I think I'm going to stick with t-shirts. These can be worn any time of year,... under your jacket of course on a snowy day. But when you get inside and take the heavy stuff off *wallah*, there's the t-bird shirt. I'm justifyin' here... Anyway, if I don't go insane working my way through this process, I'll already have the screens done, and can then offer it on other stuff. Yes? no?...
I definitely want to keep the shirt under 30 bucks... if I can. I wish I had a ballpark, but the shop has been extremely busy lately, and they haven't had a chance to assess it based on what I want. I'm not going to settle for something that doesn't last and looks like crap. I'd rather not make them at all. But they did say to keep checking in, and they would let me know as soon as possible. So I wait...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey CyLum,

I just sent you a PM about this.

Joe

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back at cha' Joe

Numbers will help. Thanks!:)