TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for tweed that matches my SC seats for a while now, and can't find a match. Anyone have any idea on how to track down maybe the original vendor for Ford? I'm running out of ideas here, and would really like to get my hands on some of this to do some various other things with my interior. I wouldn't mind finding another front or rear seat like mine to hack up for it either, so if anyone sees anything, let me know. Anyone have any ideas or help???

-Joel

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL I just want an inexpensive material to reupholster my SC seats with!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've had mine since I got the LE. Sitting in the shed just waiting for me to get upholstery. I want leather, but don't have the 6-700 for that.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I've had mine since I got the LE. Sitting in the shed just waiting for me to get upholstery. I want leather, but don't have the 6-700 for that.
Me too, my car has gray leather now and the SC's are also gray leather but theyre really torn up, i had them in my car for a month but i hated the way they looked. So now i have gray leather LX fronts and gray SC fold down rear :rolleyes:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Dear Lord! The MO and TX chapters are combining to make the most off subject thread ever!!! What have I done?! :rofl:

-Joel

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
ROAR!!!!!! We have jacked the thread!!!:D :tongue:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i'll keep my eyes peeled joel. i see anyhthing that looks remotely similar to the sc tweed i will snag a few yards for ya.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not even close. My tweed has 3 colors in it. I have found close, but I want exact.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
give me a closeup of the fabric.....

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think my only hope is to get some old covers and cut em up.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
betcha you could get a couple yards of this, and recover teh sc seats with it. so you can do teh door panels and stuff in the same.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're right. I should just spend over a thousand dollars to get my seats completely redone when they don't need it, just to match some $40 door panels. You're killin me smalls. :rofl:

I actually have had a couple leads on another rear seat... but we'll see.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
:p pah.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

I have tracked down the right color tweed. There's a place out of Canby, OR that is a big time resoration material shop. SMS Auto Fabrics. They matched the tweed, but here's the kicker. It's $75 a yard. Dead on though for the color, but makes me see how much mine is actually worn. I'll probly drop some coin on a yard and do several panels for other people too... post up if you're interested.

-Joel

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
lol, now that you've got some fresh OEM material to compare it doesn't match your old seats as well as you thought it would. :)

good lead on the fabric shop though...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it matches perfectly, just a bit more worn cause of my heavy @$$! :rofl:

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
that is crazy for a yard of fabric!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts