TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol my dad keeps talkin about going to a junk yard and pulling two turbos off of some 4 cyl car and modifying them to put on my t-bird and we might just be crazy enough to do it my dad has often been called the king of all jerry riggers so we might be able to pull it off.... does anybody actually think that this might work?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
why 2? 1 is sufficient... do a search, you will find that the ones off eclipses, etc are too small

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Good luck. The problem is placement. There's just not much room to put them on our cars and route the pipes the way they need to go. That's why I did what I did. But who knows, perhaps you'll be the first to make it work. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well as it happens ford made a turbo coupe back in the mid 80's that by some feat that god must have done was exactly 2.3 liters wihich is half the size of my 4.6 which is koolio i guess but ne ways i have an article where a man took a stock 94gt and modified it with these twin turbos out of this car... doesnt really go into much detail though

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the 94GT has a 5.0.. although it is a larger displacement, it has a much smaller footprint, so there is a tad more room for plumbing, etc

the 4.6 is nearly as wide as the ford 460

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oops sorry i meant 95 my bad dawg

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
burittobob said:
well as it happens ford made a turbo coupe back in the mid 80's that by some feat that god must have done was exactly 2.3 liters wihich is half the size of my 4.6 which is koolio i guess but ne ways i have an article where a man took a stock 94gt and modified it with these twin turbos out of this car... doesnt really go into much detail though
2.3 liter displacement has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it is half the displacement of your motor. It was also a 4 cylinder....As for the Gt with the hair dryers, that has nothing to do with your car. Have you looked at where the exhaust manifold are on your car? Your fist barely has enough room, do you think a pair of compressors will have room too? Jimmy Rigging may be nice but it takes more than that to do what you want to do. Save your money and time.....

joseph

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Look for 84-86 Turbocoupes with a manual tranny. Those had T3 60 trims. Just about a perfect match for our engines.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
t3's would be a good match for a stock 4.6, especially since they can put out 20+ lbs each. You might be able to place them at the downpipe and route the intake tubes through the fender wells to the front.
-Thomas

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
from a 4.6/5.4? What are they from? I'd personally rather make my own that would flow better.
-Thomas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts