What's a VNT ?

David

I was going to ask the same thing... Just get a plain turbo, will work too :D

Israel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd just like to know if singel entry would work for effektive pulse utilization say on a V8 engine or twin entry works better - especially at low revs. How does the variable nozzle affect the pulse utilization (pulse charging vs constant pressure with variable nozzle).

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You should probably ask the company that builds them. I don't really think anyone here has experince with that type of turbo. Another website that has a great deal of info on turbocharging is turbomustangs.com

David

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
a twin entry or "split tangenial AR housing flange" would be the best for the money. Actually, dave, isnt yours a split tange? I never saw the AR housing, but the way your exhaust feeds in to it it sure looks that way. The only problem is fitting two exhaust pipes up to the one turbo, wherever you decide to mount it (options are somewhat limited on a 4.6) the engine bay is pretty cramped for fitting two pipes up and the downpipe.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thomas said:
a twin entry or "split tangenial AR housing flange" would be the best for the money. Actually, dave, isnt yours a split tange? I never saw the AR housing, but the way your exhaust feeds in to it it sure looks that way. The only problem is fitting two exhaust pipes up to the one turbo, wherever you decide to mount it (options are somewhat limited on a 4.6) the engine bay is pretty cramped for fitting two pipes up and the downpipe.
-Thomas
Thomas,

Nope, mine is a single opening with a T04 flange (Precision T76-GTS)...The slightly larger Garrett GT42-76R has a split exhaust housing if configured with a T04 flange, but most people use them with a T06 flange. Not sure if it's split or not.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts