TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new on these forums i have just finished building my custom twin turbo setup for my 281 and started it up last week. I'll post some pics on here when I figure out how haha! i have some videos too if I ever figure out how to link it or you can see them on my myspace page ill get that link on here later too!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Daaaaym. Were did you fit the turbos?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Wow thats awesome.Post some vid's of it makeing a pass at the track!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im still working on posting some pics of the build. The turbos are located where the radiator use to be and I'm going to be building a custom front tubed bumper so i can relocate the radiator right behind the grill. my car was already elimintaed of the A/C and power steering which was necesary to mount the headers facing forward. I dont have an intercooler or any tuning yet so Im going to baby it for a bit. The downpipes are going to have to run under the crossmember giving up some ground clearance there and I might try and flatten down the pipe a little bit. I still have some work to do until I can cruise down the road but Ill get some pics up on here soon!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Nice way to come to a new site.Showing off the turbo cat!

·
Registered
288 Posts
ya know that basically how i was planning on mine... tho. I've been leaning more towards a 60-1. I have a few T03's around already tho. A/C is already outta the way, I dont wanna eliminate power steering tho so im still trying to figure out a relocation for it. Instead of totally relocating my radiator im planning to notch out and mount the rad a bit forward and tilted. Also a cosmetic fiberglass front redesign. Im really glad to see someone is ahead of me in this type of setup. Nay sayers get annoying quick.

Do you have a wideband or an SCT tuning package of sorts to get started on your tuning?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont have any tuning yet. Im still working on building the set up. I still need to get a blow thru style MAF, FMU, and a few other items. I do have a cheapy A/F gauge to get started to at least watch the A/F for saftey. Those are the turbos Im running thou there garret T03s watercooled. As I go along I'll upgrade commponets like external wastegates, injectors, pump, fuel lines, fuel cell, computer tuning or if my future buget alows a fully programable EFI. I need to keep this thing fired and fueled right the motor is stock except the cams. It runs but I still have alot to do!

·
Registered
288 Posts
as far as safety goes, the cheapo a/f meters arent really good for anything, especially on your car. Its basically a 14.7:1 a/f switch that'll show you above or below since thats all a narrow band O2 sensor is. You may wanna check into a pryo senser and tap into the ex/ manifold... a temp spike will tell you more than a narrow O2 will. Not to mention all the tuning for boosted applications should be done somewhere around 12:1. I guess if you hooked up your gauge and made sure you never got off the full rich mark and didnt push the power, youd be somewhat ok for now.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
staying at the full rich marks where Im after for now hehe! I rather run a extremely rich ratio to be on the safe side which could be possible with an FMU that is over adjusted. however its not going to run that well at WOT until I recalibrate the computer! Im going to make a call to It runs but its probally going to be a while until it hits the road. i also want to get a wideban 02 tuner that would also be alot better than a cheapy A/F gauge but its going to be one thing at a time as my buget allows. When Im ready Ill probally head over to turbo technology in tacoma and have them run it on the dyno and tune it.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Look into the AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor/gauge. They're very reasonable price-wise and work well. Mine's been in for 2 years now with not a single issue.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
will you be able to have powersteering and AC ever at all ever? that thing has got to be a ***** to drive....

nifty work on the hairdryers. Which cams are you running? It would be interesting to see how a PI motor responded to the compressors.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'd love to see some good pics of it. But apparently I'm the only one on the planet who isn't on "myspace". Can they be posted here?

1 - 20 of 250 Posts