TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have the same welder dude....:tongue: I love that welder....

Is there a way you could move your pipes a tid bit higher?! I have the same clearence problems though...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Oooohhh...... Mine isnt lowered and I still think my pipes are not tucked in as much as I wanted.... Looks good. What's the tank use for?!?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Isn't the tank to big dude?!?! You need like a smaller tank...

·
Registered
903 Posts
This may sound dumb, and I may be missing it in the pics, but is there going to be a break in the exhaust twards the back so you can still drop it out of the way if need be? But looking closer your pipes never connect by the way it looks so I guess you could just unbolt from the manifolds/headers, and unbolt from the turbos, and drop out the whole long tube. Just a thought I had.

Sweet pics though, I hope everything works out for you, gonna be one bad ass ride!

Brandon

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats awesome, I wonder what the turbos will sound like from inside the car, with them being in the trunk. That should be pretty cool. Nice work man.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
havent you compromised the rigidity of the unibody by eliminating that section of the trunk? why dont you have filtration for the turbo oiling? how do you plan on tuning this thing properly? and with all due respect, why did you "gut" the car just to lay claim on "twin turbos"?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't believe i have weakened the uni body one bit. I only cut small very thin section of the bottom of the spare tire well. I plan to dyno tune and i still need a lot of gadgets like a wide ban and a egt monitor, and so on. I will have an in line filter with the oiling system on the pressure side after the pump and if later necessary a cooler.

I can't wait to hear the sound...whats more is the sound from the rear of the car since the compressors face the factory back up light holes.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the filter before the pump so the pump receives filtered oil too?

I'll give you credit for the work your doing to get this done; but I wouldn't ever go the same route as you did on my car. I've become attached to my interior over the years.:cool:

Also, how were you planning on running the cold side back to the front? Through the interior, underneath, etc?

-Rob

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think there are all sorts of ways that trunk-mounted turbos could be dangerous. At the least, I would put in some sort of metal bulkhead. Perhaps a fire extinguisher system would be a good idea too.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
You could setup an emergency Halon Fire suppression system in the trunk. That would be cool.

You will need vents anyway since you will be pulling air with the turbos and you won't need a fan as you will already have two air pumps :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
holy crap, last time i sa this car they were tucked under where the back seat was lol. what a change...but still looks bad a$$.

how far off do you think you are from firing it up?

·
Registered
183 Posts
man that thing's janky. you better make it fast as hell to shut everybody up, otherwise you'll never hear the end of it. It will sound awesome though.

1 - 20 of 471 Posts