TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 1995 thunderbird with blown airbags, and the horn does NOT work, do any of you know where i can splice into the horn wires to add a button? this is just temporary, but i need to do it fast. also, where can i find the clips that go on the adjustment screws on the headlights?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Andrew, I got my clips from OEC Corporation.

Here is their website ... I really think they used to have an online catalog, but I can't find it anymore.

http://www.oec-corp.com/product.htm

I have a phone number for them too, but I don't know if it still applies: 330-725-0001.

I think they deal primarily with body shops. They are super-cheap, and they took my order, even though it was just for one car. DO NOT GO TO A FORD DEALERSHIP. They wanted like $80 for a set of clips and adjusting screws. I got everything I need from OEC for under $15, with shipping included.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Just run new wires straight to the horn, into the crack by the fender and into the door jamb...just keep it from sharp edges. I see many cheap asses doing this(usually with electric fan switches) and it would be alot quicker than trying to find the correct wires. That will save you from having to dig around under the dash, unless of course you are running the wires through the firewall. Hope this helps
-Rob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha! bad relay + bad horn sucks when trying to diagnose the problem:mad: so i got that fixed.

as for the headlight adjustment clips, i pick em up at the ford dealership tommorow, they wanted 3.50 apeice for em, i need 6, so thats cheaper than anybody on here showed me, but thanks anyways!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Andrew, did you check out the firm in my previous post? They are WAY cheaper than Ford or Advance. I think I paid about $0.50 to $0.80 per clip.

Oh, here we go: I just dug through my papers and found the web address for the OEC catalog.

http://www.shopoec.com

Click on the Catalog Link, then "Body Shop", and go to the Ford headlight parts. You will find what you need as part #11184. They come in a pack of five, so you will need to buy two packs (clever, eh?). They don't have prices listed, but I paid $4.39 for a pack of five, and will probably pay about the same. So that's $8.78 for two packs, plus a little shipping. Beats Ford prices, but if you need them tomorrow, then so be it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sorry I couldn't get you the info sooner. If you need any headlight adjusting screws or any body fasteners, odds and ends, I recommend OEC highly. I'll definitely look them up again if I ever need that stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts