TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting a new torque converter, flexplate, rear main seal, transmission mounts and possible drive shaft installed soon. I want to take it to a shop because Im not confident enough to pull this off and don't have anywhere to even try.

My question is what type of shop should I take it too. A transmission, performance, or general shop?

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
Find one or more of each type of shop you just mentioned and inquire first if they could tackle all of the above and second get estimates. Then take it from there...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You have the perfect job for someone like me, That a long drive however. Maybe some of the Texas guys will know a good place to go.
Alan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I've been really wanting to take it to you but I don't have the time for that. Especially since I'm getting half the parts from you anyway. LOL

I really just want everything done right, and I don't mind paying more for it.

I guess I should have phrased my question, Which shop would be most capable of the work? I know a decent amount would attempt it but I don't trust just anyone with my car.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A small family owened transmission shop would probably be best for that stuff. I would avoid aamco's and cottmens I've heard the story to many times how they tell people you can't make those changes.
Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts