TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't spend much time at U-Pull-It, the closest ones to me are about an hour away in Omaha. In any case, I made my first trip to one yesterday after someone tipped me off to a Mark VIII being there. I get there, find the Mark VIII, front sheet metal is already all gone. Tranny is gone, driveshaft, gone, but the engine was still there:D $175 for a DOHC engine, couldn't pass that up. Then I was out in Omaha and someone sees it in the back of my Lightning and asks me what I want for it. Well, to get it out of U-Pull-It I had to tear it down so its mostly torn apart, I tell him $500, he took my phone number, so if I sell it all, I wouldn't complain, but the plan is to make another table out of the block and sell the oil pan and stuff like that that are popular on here. So I guess I'll see what happens but at the end of the week, there could be a bunch of Mark VIII engine parts posted in the for sale section. Damn guys would let me take the drivers manifold though becuase of the stupid cat thing :mad: I tryed to get them to take some money off but they wouldn't do that either.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
:uppoint: :uppoint: Ok I thought this post was about something else...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
A pair of 351C-4V closed chamber heads on an old 400 truck, the guy thought didn't check the casting numbers, and said if I wanted them, I could pull them for $50.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
2 fold down rear seats for $14, Mark III rear pumpkin $50, Mark III TC $22, Mark III flexplate $7, Trac Lok unit $free, thats all I can remember for now but I have done very well in the pull a part yards. Jim

·
Registered
824 Posts
4 16x7 Super Coupe Rims, minor curb rash, 4 hub caps, 4 good tires, JBL Head unit, new radiator, new gauge cluster, and misc interior pieces- $200.

·
Registered
773 Posts
66 Comet Cyclone Gt 390 valve covers paid $12 sold $380 on ebay hood $30 sold $200 4speed pedel assambly $25 sold $175 buckets seats $25 sold $350 and an factory alumn sidewinder intake $25 sold $575 so $117= $1580 and this is just the most recent of many great deals.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
While there's plenty of salvage yards around, I've had a lot of trouble finding actual U-Pull-It places. I know of just two in the Taylor/Monroe, Michigan area...I just picked up a 145MPH speedometer, a nice compliment to the 220KPH speedometer I have...most of what I pick at these places is small plastic trim parts, knobs, caps....nickle-and-dime things.

The big bummer: the ground effects were trashed on the SC I pulled the speedometer from. :( Oh, well....

I thought about taking the rear window, because it was tinted; I didn't, since I had no way of determining if the defroster element was damaged/bad. The tinting job was good - the only part I didn't like was that the "overlap line" towards the bottom was a tad noticable, since the tinting was a two-piece job.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
My best find for MN12 stuff was a mint 97 cupholder/AC Tube for $40.

And when I mean mint.... !!!!!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
A pair of 351C-4V closed chamber heads on an old 400 truck, the guy thought didn't check the casting numbers, and said if I wanted them, I could pull them for $50.

:rofl: :rofl: :uppoint: :uppoint: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought I was the only one who found deals like that!!! But mine wasn't heads... it was a 351C, 4 bolt main block (on standard) in an old truck: $50!! :beek:

Casting numbers are your friend!! :D

I was almost shaking when I was asking how much he wanted for "That old re-buildable “400” core in that old truck?" :leftright

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
lets see, 1964 galaxie rear bumper rust free $75.00 . most unrotted core with damage are 200+ 62 500 xl front buckets and console $50 . the hood on my kitty $30 . my complete s/c dash i put in my kitty $40 . the original cloth interior i put in my kitty i paid $100 for dash, headliner, console, seats door and 1/4 panel trim. my tails on my kitty i paid 30 for the pair for a 94 + cougar. the s/c wheels on the tbird, i paid $100. slight road rash. clean otherwise, had semidecent rubber on them, and centers.

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
MY BEST FIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the more memorable cars mn12s BY THE WAY PICS OF INSIDE OF JUNK YARDS ARE ILLEGAL

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:

:rofl: :rofl: :uppoint: :uppoint: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought I was the only one who found deals like that!!! But mine wasn't heads... it was a 351C, 4 bolt main block (on standard) in an old truck: $50!! :beek:

Casting numbers are your friend!! :D

I was almost shaking when I was asking how much he wanted for "That old re-buildable “400” core in that old truck?" :leftright
I'm always on the lookout, and bring my casting #'s book for 351C, 351M, 400, 429 and 460's with me everytime I go to the junkyard.

I also found a set of Pontiac Ram Air II heads on a Catalina, and bought them for $100, and sold them for $650 to a Pontiac nut around here.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nicktcfcsb said:
BY THE WAY PICS OF INSIDE OF JUNK YARDS ARE ILLEGAL
I've never heard of that, is that a local thing?

and what reason would there be for that??

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
I dont know the reasons but most yards will pretty much kick your arse for bringing in a camera. Its strange I dunno the details I just spend most of my days in yards.

·
Registered
329 Posts
pass on the good casting numbers and where to find em lots of yards down here.

·
Registered
437 Posts
best find- 90 cougar sc-80k miles, I got the motor(long block minus blower) and good 5spd tranny for $75:D

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
turbospeed said:
pass on the good casting numbers and where to find em lots of yards down here.
do tell, please? there are a few yards around here as well, tia.....:D

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Years ago I found a set of early model SC rims, bought them for $60 and sold them on ebay for $175. I used to find those coin/cup holders from the Taurus and Sable cars all the time. I'd buy 2 or 3 of them at a time for only $5 and turn around and sell them for around $20 each on ebay.

Actually, today I found an 89 SC in the junkyard with some decent cloth SC seats that The Great Obucina may be picking up tomorrow...wait till he finds out what my finders fee is :eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts