TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so, my inner UCA bolts (facing firewall) on this car, are impossible to get to without removing things...IIRC, nothing had to be removed to get to the inner UCA bolts on the 95 bird, but it was NOT an ABS car...this is my first ABS equipped bird.

I searched a bit, but couldn't quite find anything related to this....maybe I'm just not seeing it...any tips on what to remove to make access to those inner bolts easier? Outers (facing front of car) look like they'll be fairly easy...I bought a set of ratcheting wrenches, so that'll make this job at least somewhat easier. This is my first time doing front suspension all by myself, without the help of friends...any local texans wanna come over next sunday and give me a hand? There will be beer :zbeer:

thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
I did the UCAs on both cars (97 has ABS, 94 does not), they seemed pretty much the same to me. I used a socket and a swivel to get at the rear bolt, had the job done in under an hour.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yeah .. I find the one on the passenger side rear - near the AC components tends to take a little more effort. The front ones are easy ( unclip the fuse box to push it out of the way ) .. 18mm for sure ..

The ones that were harder to do, are the 89-93 SCs with the HUGE ABS master unit on the brake booster. Your 96 has the ABS under the battery .. so thats not an issue between a non abs and abs vehicle .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts