TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace my UCA's and im wondering since there is kinda of a glass crunch sound atm will i have to replace my bushings as well to get rid of the sound??

If they need replaced, what type of difficulty am i looking at to replace the bushings???

What tools etc will i need, i looked at the haynes manual and it said have a shop push them in.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Im going to replace my UCA's and im wondering since there is kinda of a glass crunch sound atm will i have to replace my bushings as well to get rid of the sound??

If they need replaced, what type of difficulty am i looking at to replace the bushings???

What tools etc will i need, i looked at the haynes manual and it said have a shop push them in.
new UCAs from ford parts counter here will cost you less than bushings and the labor or tool you need to press them in. Also you have the peace of mind of a brand new motorcraft ball joint. I think its 40 something each arm. Difficulty is probably one up from changing a tire or an oil change, you just have to work in a very tight area. 18mm gear wrenches or a gearratchet open socket set will help alot.

If the bushings are bad then just replace the whole damn thing.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya sounds just like that! Ok i wasnt sure if it came with them or not just because reading the Haynes manual said i needed a shop to push them in.

Thanks for the info though, im gonna pick up some Mogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts