TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched around and do not find much regarding about the types of under drive pulleys for the 4.6. And why one is better than the other.

Looking for good data like below.

HP gain:
Best MFG to buy:
Best Type:
MFG#

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
HP gain: - Can't tell a difference
Best MFG - Can't tell a difference
Best Tpye: - OEM

I installed a set of Steeda U/D pulleys and if someone took them back off in the middle of the night I wouldn't know until I lift the hood. I felt no difference and the gas mileage stayed the same as before. IMHO the issue on these cars is that the A/C turns off under WOT, and the water pump has a high pressure bypass for higher RPM. Neither of these were done on the old 5.0 stuff. So with the 4.6 under WOT the only thing being significantly changed is the alternator and the P/S pump and both of those use little power to turn. I have heard you might see a 5-8RWHP difference at the higher RPM, but my butt-o-meter doesn't seem to be calibrated for that small of a difference.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Nick

Thanks for the post.

We will need to get together and go to the track and see how ours cars run sometime.

Jerry

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will say ive seen quite a few march pullys for other cars around, and I would be pissed if I had ever spend money on a product so poorly crafted. Nothing structural, but for a "dressup part" they have far too many flaws. Not the info you were after but i figured it may be a consideration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts