TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth it if I am going to keep it n/a? also, do you have to do anything special to fit a cobra hood (or any mustang hood) on a '95? certain years? sorry for the dumb ?'s, but I drive 1 of 2 t-bird on the island, and the other is a v-6 driven by a grand ma ;-)

Shane

·
Registered
20 Posts
Underdrive pulleys will give you a little more power to the rear wheels. It's a relatively easy mod and it works and doesn't harm anything, I used them for 3 years. Worthwhile as long as you don't have a supercharger.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have underdrive pulleys, not a bad difference for the price. The mustang hoods wont fit unless you go crazy reshaping and resizing them and even then thats a guess. There are a few manufacturers that make hoods for the Tbirds, you can find them Here

·
Registered
933 Posts
Remember for the 4.6 there's two varieties. Piggyback and non piggyback.
Piggybacks bolt the crank pulley to your old harmonic balancer, havnt heard of any problems but some people dont like them. These are a little cheaper.
non-piggybacks have a harmonic balancer in the underdrive crank pulley and are a little more expensive. I have steedas. I believe ASP also makes non-piggyback.
Check ebay for cheapest prices on theses.
Just do some searches for cheap performance, or something like that on the boards and you'll find all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I was going to say to check the forsale forum for my thread http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22701. But it looks like you already did. The items are first come first serve. So sorry about the intake tube but in a week it shall be the other persons. You get dibs on the pullies. I will contact you with info later for payment and shipping details.

The hood you need a Tbird hood. A mustang one wont fit. There are companies making tbird hoods with the cobra cowl so thats how we get a cobra hood but its made for a tbird. You can find them on ebay or on the most wanted parts section of tccoa. They do require some work to get them fit right. Its not a quick bolt on and ready to go item.

-Shawn

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i would recommend steeda or asp underdrive pullies cuz they are both non piggy back style. i have the steeda's they are great. check ebay they are always on there for $150.

Frank

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ditto on the Steedas. I posted my install here and I'm still pleased with them. I have to take a long drive and use the "button" (cruise control) instead of my severely overweight foot to see what it did to MPG, since I get such a bang out of the power I've always got my foot in it :)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, everybody is happy with the steedas, what about piggy backs? I just put my "word" in on a pair from the "For Sale" forum, is there that big of a difference b/t piggies and non-piggies? I don't want to make the wrong choice as I only want to have to do this once :) After all, I live in the middle of Nowhere, and shipping is VERY pricey :) thx for all the input guys :)

Shane

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have never had a problem with my March UD pullies (same ones you have a word for). If you arent looking to spend too much money then its a great mod. If you have the money to spend then sure, get the steeda's. If you want to take your word back thats fine. Otherwise Larry will email you tomorrow for shipping and payment details.

-Shawn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts