TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do all 4R70W's have this little screen? I'm in the middle of doing the JMod, and I haven't found this little screen as shown in dirtydog's video. I may have to go through the fluid because maybe it dropped down somewhere...

Mine's a 96.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone....? I'm heading back to the garage now to change the accumulators and springs...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. There are a few sources that talk about the screen so I was wondering. But if a few others' trannies didn't have the screen then I won't get too worried that I somehow lost mine :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I also didnt have the screen..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Its been a while since I did the J-mod, but I don't think I remember anything looking like that.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Do all 4R70W's have this little screen? I'm in the middle of doing the JMod, and I haven't found this little screen as shown in dirtydog's video. I may have to go through the fluid because maybe it dropped down somewhere...

Mine's a 96.

96 has smaller Cone Shaped Screen that is probably still in Tranny Case.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the tiny cone filter and put it back. It was in the drain pan, luckily I read on another non-TCCoA site that mentioned that tiny thing or I for sure would have missed it. It's not actually in the valve body, it's in the transmission case but falls out when you drop the VB. I took a few pics in case anyone needs them...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts