TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
This?

If so the one on the left is NOT an original MN12 blade or motor. It looks like it came from a Taurus or something.
No, not that. That is the original fan I took out of my 'Bird that everyone says couldn't have come stock in it. The big one came from a Mark VIII and I put in it (the plug was the same so I just plugged it in). I noticed it ran high speed all the time - I now know why after reading here. Anyways, it burned up from running high all the time and I replaced it with a good motor from another fan, not the small one in the picture.

Anyways, they were mounted different on the shaft, so I "backwoods" engineered it to work. Now it runs quiet again and properly, so no worries.

But after looking at that pic, yes, that looks like the same situation I did. You can't tell from the pics, but the way the blade mounts on those shafts are DIFFERENT (there is a flat side on one of them, but the other has a little pin in it).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Update: Brian Baskins answered the phone today. Hope the part will ship out by end of next week.

Still trying not to thread jack. I hope all the questions have been answered. This is just an FYI in case anyone else was trying or thinking to get the dccontrol part.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts