TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I read here that the ultra power strut rod bushings frame side have solid sleeves.
I bought two sets that arrived today and can confirm that the sleeves ARE solid.
The rockauto info on the site says that ultra power can be any manufacturer product in the box, so I thought that with my usual luck I would get something inferior.
They were cheap too, like 7.00 american for each pair.
For some reason, the box calls them stabilizer bar bushing kit instead of strut rod bushing kit.
But they are the correct item with the correct sleeve.

·
Registered
97 Tbird Sport
48 Posts
I ran across an interesting possibility for replacing our strut rod bushings that made my mouth water. It seems a company in good old Austrailia makes a solid replacement that was developed primarily for the 60's Ford mustangs falcon road race cars. They call them strut rod adjuster bushings (part number srak3) and their site is www.rss-online.com.au I have inquired about dimensions but it looks ausume.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,713 Posts
I ran across an interesting possibility for replacing our strut rod bushings that made my mouth water. It seems a company in good old Austrailia makes a solid replacement that was developed primarily for the 60's Ford mustangs falcon road race cars. They call them strut rod adjuster bushings (part number srak3) and their site is www.rss-online.com.au I have inquired about dimensions but it looks ausume.
If they're made for Mustangs and Falcons the MN12 strut rods are too big for them

·
Registered
1997 thunderbird LX
307 Posts
Over on the Facebook forum, Giles Corey says he’s been using this exact set for on his drift bird. He also mentioned the the bushings in question havnt broken or ripped. Which I’m assuming is a good sign because drifters are not easy on suspension components, specially our weak ass strut rod. I can’t believe I just read this, I bought the rediculous over priced reproduction set of bushings from SCP, never again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts