TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been this way for awhile but today I was doing a bunch of things on the cat and decided to take a pic and ask. Should there be this much slack on the cable? THis is with my barely pulling on it

and this is it just sitting there

and yes I know my under the hood is filthy!

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
is your gas pedal floppy? like, can you pull it towards the seatat all? if so, you may want to pull off your air intake tube and depress the gas pedal fully (simulating WOT) to check that your throttle body is actually opening all the way. if your pedal hits the floor before the TB is all the way open (horizontal), you need to remove the slack from that cable. i just pulled it tight and put a cable clamp with red locktite on the pedal side of the cable as a retainer... what a surprise it was to actually get a 100% open throttle, no to mention the accelerator now sits flush with the brake pedal. hope that helps.

-94MN1246

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
does it idle high?
and definitely check that throttle body.... also.. you can try adding a length of hose over the excess cable in the cabin.. on top of your pedal. it makes the gas and brake about level.. feels nice.. no slack.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It idles between 500 and 600 rpmwith very little flux. Now my question is why would there be so much slack? cable stretch? is there a way to acutally shorten the cable? and how hard would it be to replace? my pedal has always felt a little slugish but not too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.